You Gotta Read

Guest Newt

There are folks on here who never venture off the coarse section (except maybe to the non-angling part).

May I strongly suggest you take a look at the fly fishing section. Does not matter if you have any interest in fishing with the fly or not.

Mike Connor has put in a new selection of some very funny angling tales. Nightwing has a couple of goodies there as well.

Guest Gray-Catchpole

cheers Newt, i often forget about the other forums.

now how about a predetor forum, we have the carp one, and that doesnt seem to have distracted any attention away from this forum, i admit i thought it would, but it hasnt.

------------------

Email: mailto:gray@catch-pole.co.ukgray@catch-pole.co.uk

Guest Big Nick

What about a match forum.

We match anglers are seriously under-represented on this site.Too many of the big fish guys for my likeing! (only joking).

The only critisism of an otherwise excellent site.

Guest Peter Waller
Originally posted by Gray-Catchpole:

cheers Newt, i often forget about the other forums.

now how about a predetor forum, we have the carp one, and that doesnt seem to have distracted any attention away from this forum, i admit i thought it would, but it hasnt. (/B)(QUOTE)

Good idea. The only reason I go to the Fishing Magic site is for the Predator Forum. See a few other AN names there as well. The Pike & Predators site tends to be dross. The Predator Fishing site dies for weeks on end. Gord Burtons site, well . . . . . Harris Angling is okay but rather tied to the commercial aspect of it. The Lure Angling site can be okay but sometimes isn't so a 'predator' site would be an excellent idea.

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 14 January 2002).]

Guest Leon Roskilly

Er, when I want to talk about mullet I really don't know which forum to use.

Most of the sea guys know nothing about bread flake, centrepins, stick-floats etc frown.gif

Most of the coarse guys seem to think that just because they swim in salt water, they belong in the sea forum. frown.gif

Then there's those who want to fish for mullet with flies, but they don't have an adipose fin, so they are a bit out of place on the game forum. frown.gif

Thinlips chase spinners, so they may have a place on the predator forum..... er, no not really I suppose. frown.gif

And they surpass carp for their intelligence and the attention to every little detail they demand - maybe the stalkers, but I doubt that the bivvie crowd would welcome them on the carp forum. frown.gif

So, how about a separate forum for mullet Elton?

Tight Lines - leon

Medway Mullet Group http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/medway

Guest Vagabond

.....and just to make life difficult Leon, my favourite method for mullet is fly fishing.

A good mullet hooked on a fly reel - meltdown!

------------------

Vagabond

Guest Davemc1

I am a sea fisherman and I fish for mullet. I use 4bl line and bread flakes (Best 4bl 6oz). Most coares fishermen dont go for muller because the fish is to intelligent.

Dave Mc

Guest Mike Connor
Originally posted by Leon Roskilly:

Then there's those who want to fish for mullet with flies, but they don't have an adipose fin, so they are a bit out of place on the game forum. frown.gif

Errr.... Leon, how do you know that those guys do not have adipose fins?

Actually, it only says "Fly-fishing", nothing about any games! smile.gif

TL

MC