spring loaded hooks

Guest Gray-Catchpole

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Mike Connor:

This will very definitely be my last post to these forums, I see no good reason for having anything whatsoever to do with such egotistical silliness, and rampant xenophobia. Neither is there anything to be gained by allowing myself to be insulted and denigrated for no reason whatsoever.

Mike, you will be missed. It realy will be a shame to lose you, especially as you have built up quite a following on AN. It would be nice to be able to say that someone will take your place, but I just don't see how that is possible.

I for one am sorry that you have to dump your friends over this issue but then again, that is freedom for you.

Drop in now and again, we will still be here.

One last thing, I have never responded to your input to the fly fishing section because I got so "hooked" on the advice etc that you gave that I nearly went out and rigged myself out for fly fishing even though there is very little done here in Holland. You have been a great help to a lot of would be and actual fly fishermen/women and will be sorely missed. To tell the truth, I think the fly fishing section was dying a death until you got involved, IMO.

Alan(nl)

[This message has been edited by Alan Taylor (edited 26 January 2002).]

Guest Cranfield

Mike, I agree with Alan Taylors comments.

I have said elsewhere that it will be a shame if you stop posting, especially on the fly fishing forum.

It may pay you to turn off your "sensitive" side when responding to some of the "political" subjects posted here.

It worked for me. biggrin.gif

Guest fisherman

Mike, I, like Alan and others will miss your input to this and especially the fly forum. Your input on flies, tactics and just good reading will make it all the more difficult for the forum to keep going the way it has been since your arrival. Please think again before leaving.

All the best which ever way you decide to go.

Dave

Guest Phil spring hook Berriman

As the inventor of this subject, can I say I had no idea anglers were under so much pressure that I would be attacked (on line).

My comments to AM about course anglers being cruel were taken out of context. I fish the Tees with my son on normal tackle and because I believe fish feel no pain and are instinctive creatures and not intelligent, if this is not so then "course anglers are cruel for catching the same fish over and over again". My hook is one of many inventions, I look for solutions to problems in all areas. Fish politics are new to me. The laws in Germany are only to ensure votes as are most of the stupid one's.

Think about it! FISH IN GERMANY HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN WOMEN IN SOUDI ARABIA and many other countries we have strong links to. Limbs are still being chopped of babies so they are better beggars and women get stoned to death regularly without trial or cast out on the street with nothing but the daughters from the man. We have kids in ENGLAND who have no safe warm place to sleep turning to heroin and crack then prostitution.

FISH my friends are two steps up from a worm and if anglers want to earn a better reputation they would be better using their skills and equipment to bring back some fish for the poor people who, at todays prices have never had a decent bit for a long time.

Heres Hoping we get our priorities right.

Phil Berriman.

FISH ARE FOOD

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Ahhhhh

At last

Now you are finally on here i can do this publicly , although you have not asked me to do so.

I would like to apologise to Phil for what i said about him in my previous posts on this subject.

I like many others believed the hype in the magazines & it very nearly came to blows between Phil & myself.

After all the mails Phil & myself have exchanged, he has explained his situation & the misquotes & as such I am more than happy to make this apology.

As Phil already knows i still do not agree with his invention but i was wrong to attack him so publicly without knowing all the facts first & for that i am apologising.

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

SACG/SAA 177 SACN 252

hehe i'm with the ANMC are you?

Originally posted by Phil spring hook Berriman:

As the inventor of this subject, can I say I had no idea anglers were under so much pressure that I would be attacked (on line).

My comments to AM about course anglers being cruel were taken out of context. I fish the Tees with my son on normal tackle and because I believe fish feel no pain and are instinctive creatures and not intelligent, if this is not so then "course anglers are cruel for catching the same fish over and over again". My hook is one of many inventions, I look for solutions to problems in all areas. Fish politics are new to me. The laws in Germany are only to ensure votes as are most of the stupid one's.

Think about it! FISH IN GERMANY HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN WOMEN IN SOUDI ARABIA and many other countries we have strong links to. Limbs are still being chopped of babies so they are better beggars and women get stoned to death regularly without trial or cast out on the street with nothing but the daughters from the man. We have kids in ENGLAND who have no safe warm place to sleep turning to heroin and crack then prostitution.

FISH my friends are two steps up from a worm and if anglers want to earn a better reputation they would be better using their skills and equipment to bring back some fish for the poor people who, at todays prices have never had a decent bit for a long time.

Heres Hoping we get our priorities right.

Phil Berriman.

FISH ARE FOOD

Whilst I have no arguement with anything you you have said, or your hooks, I have to ask why you chose to promote hooks of those proportions in what is basically a recreational fishing publication. Why the comments about course anglers when these hooks are obviosly not intended for that market? Do you not consider you have brought this "attack" on yourself by this misplaced advertising? There are a lot of naive and gullible people out there who will take your

advertising at face value and purchase these hooks for use on the local canal or pond with devastating consequences for the fish and themselves.

Guest Gray-Catchpole

well i didnt attack him personally, as he said i have done, all i did was make a comment about a product, and i have to put up with abusive emails, im sorry, thats not on, any product that is brought on to the market, is open to public opinion, and it is a sad day when a manufaction company, cant take puplic opinion and use it to better/change there product, without resorting to the rubbish that has gone on over the last few days.

------------------

Email: mailto:gray@catch-pole.co.ukgray@catch-pole.co.uk

Guest Phil spring hook Berriman

I would like to set the record straight.

I did not advertise the product. Gareth Purnell (midland angler)then Tom Petch (anglers mail) both rang me out of the blue and asked for samples and also interviwed me on the telephone. I told him I had had a few nasty mails form the anti's and also some course fisherman. They rang to do an article. If I had done an advert I would not have put in the wrong web address. Check the real address with the one in the publication. www.springloadedfishinghooks.com

is correct and www.springhooks.com is not.

I asked for a draft but got one after the print deadline and Tom is on holliday now. I did not advertise and am not responsible for the way it reads.

Anything else?

To catchpole, I can handle peoples views and concerns but not if I am not aware of them! if you felt so strongly why did you not contact me or the site. If I am to benefit from your comments, it would be a good idea to send them to me or at least let me know I'm getting a slagging here.

Phil.

FISH R FOOD

Guest Gray-Catchpole

sorry phil, but if everyone on this forum had to contact every company just because thet where going to be mentioned one of there products, we would never get anything done.

you obviously had no problem finding the thread,, you where mailing us before you actually posted.

------------------

Email: mailto:gray@catch-pole.co.ukgray@catch-pole.co.uk