Deal pier

sawnee

I'm off to Deal Pier this afternoon thats if I dont kill the kids before then!! they are doing my head in :angry:

I'll let you know what we nearly caught tomorrow :D

Sawnee

How did it go did you kill the kids or catch some fish? We must be told

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Kids still breathing :D

Took my son to the pier, got there about 4pm and left about 9;30pm.

Set him up with a carp rod down the side of the pier and he was happy catching pouting.

Set one rod up with a small livebait for a Bass :lol: and another lobbed out with lug on it.

We ended up with my son catching 150 million pouting, all about 4" long and all I got was a doggie. You will be glad to hear the livebait was returned live and well at the end of the day ;)

After talking to a few of the locals the fishing is very poor at the moment, the mackeral are only turning up in ones and twos, there is the odd bass and the odd smoothhound all on crab baits.

The doggies are showing but not in any numbers and seem to be showing more just before and just after low tide.

• 3 weeks later...