Coldhrbour River Thurne

Renrag39

Hi, have beeen able to connect with lots of small silvers and perch/gonks etc but nothing really of note. Been fishing at depth with float with mags and breadpunch and quivertipping.

Is it as simple as big bait/big hook (been using size 18) and plenty of groundbait or have I missed something?

Regards,

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Hi

I fish coldharbour quite regularly.

Although I live 80 miles away the river thurne and bure are my summer river fishing.

I have fished there for at least 15 years now. The skimmer fishing is now superb as is the roach fishing. For better quality fish use sweetcorn and groundbait through the feeder mainly. I have found filling it in does not work so well.

The bigger bream are generally nocturnal although you can be lucky. I fnd the larger bream are in the bure which is much deeper and faster flowing.

Having said that I have had bream to 6lbs in the coldharbour section.

regards

john

Thanks John, appreciate the advice. Never really worried about the lumps when I was younger but its too easy tiddler snatching in the summer. All of a sudden I am obsessed by groundbait and trying to rig up a feeder that doesn't tangle every (insert favourite expletive) cast.

Am also finding that casting up the tidal flow allows me to connect more often with the bites, it makes sense but never noticed it until now!

If you see me, say hi. Usually wearing a hoody, very scruffy, hopefully covered in snot with blue mitsubishi in the car park. Also helps you avoid me if necessary lol :-D

T'ra abit.

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue