Line

davedave

Would an 8lb mainline to a 6lb hook length be ok for basic ledgering, catching a lot of bream and some smaller carp?

Or do you think i should upgrade to maybe a 10lb mainline to an 8lb hook length, but i do catch a lot of bream and i think that would be too bulky...

Any thoughts would be appreciated

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Would an 8lb mainline to a 6lb hook length be ok for basic ledgering, catching a lot of bream and some smaller carp?

Or do you think i should upgrade to maybe a 10lb mainline to an 8lb hook length, but i do catch a lot of bream and i think that would be too bulky...

Any thoughts would be appreciated

What sort of average size carp and Bream Dave? also what sort of conditions ie weeds or snags etc?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

What sort of average size carp and Bream Dave? also what sort of conditions ie weeds or snags etc?

Bream up to about 5lb but normally they are about 3lb, and carp go up to 25lb but the majority of them are about 7lb, 8lb. Very little weeds or snags but i fish close to an island so probably greater chance of snags because of roots etc.

I got some 8lb line today from the anglers mail magazine and ive fitted that on my reel so im thinking 8lb mainline with a 6lb hooklength?? Thanks for any advice

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Bream up to about 5lb but normally they are about 3lb, and carp go up to 25lb but the majority of them are about 7lb, 8lb. Very little weeds or snags but i fish close to an island so probably greater chance of snags because of roots etc.

I got some 8lb line today from the anglers mail magazine and ive fitted that on my reel so im thinking 8lb mainline with a 6lb hooklength?? Thanks for any advice