Empty wallet

shooter560

Hi all, I'm Gary living on the outskirts of Norwich for my sins.

25 years ago I stopped fishing, wife and kids put paid to freedom, now down the road a better more thoughtful wife :D and children I'm going to try my hand at fishing again, well after smashing myself up during a cycle race I need to find something cheaper and safer for my health.

Wow hasn't fishing changed in 25 odd years, so much gear <_< , luckily my 10 year old son wants to start fishing as well so what better time to make use of weekend.

Hopefully I wont ask too many stupid questions, but please bare with me.

Ok now on to reading all I can before the onslaught of hows, whats and whys

Welcome to Anglers' Net. As you say, the available tackle has changed quite a bit. However, the fish haven't so you can still catch without the lates & greatest gadgets.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Would be happy to meet you down Lathams in Potter Heigham and take you through the basics and help you and your boy started.

I'm now in Yarmouth but born and bred in Spixworth, I like to think it makes a difference lol.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Would be happy to meet you down Lathams in Potter Heigham and take you through the basics and help you and your boy started.

I'm now in Yarmouth but born and bred in Spixworth, I like to think it makes a difference lol.

Renrag

Hello Renrag

Many thanks for the offer, unfortunately due to recent shoulder surgury and being in a sling for the next couple of weeks I can't drive so spending spree is limited to online :(. Luckily I only live 30 mins walk from Thorpe Green so I can take the boy there so he can catch while I watch/help. But when I can drive I'll def take you up on the offer, maybe a cuppa or two as well :)

No worries I won't hold it against you for moving to the coast, someone had to do that :P

Hope your shoulder gets better soon Gary. Would definitely be more than happy to meet up one day somewhere convenient to both of us. Maybe Whitlingham Lane or Womack Water nr Ludham now the boat season is waning and there are even a few nice little carp waters, a particul;ar favourite of mine being Holly Farm in South Walsham. I can't teach you any secrets, I don't know any but if a cuppa is on the cards, I'll be there.

I do work odd shifts so please bear with me when we're arranging a day to meet up.

Let me know when you're all fixed up and we'll sort something out.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue