Greetings!

Rutilis Volaticus

Seeing as there's a new members forum and I'm a new member, I thought I'd, er, post in it. Here is that post.

To cut a long story short, I used to fish with my dad when I was a kid, didn't touch a rod for years, then had a sudden compelling urge to give it a shot this summer. One waggler rod and a pretty minimal (but almost exactly sufficient for a newby - thanks Bordon Angling Centre for the help... good service!) amount of tackle later and I'm now wondering why* I didn't do this years ago - I'm having an absolute ball!

So far it's been a case of trying out a selection of local fisheries, and each trip's been wonderful in it's own way. Okay, some of them are way, way to "carpy" for my liking, but there are a few I can see myself back at regularly. Haven't been anywhere near anything like a river yet and don't intend to until I've got some of the basic skills up from their current depths and, more importantly, actually found a river near me where I'm allowed to fish!

If any of you see a chap in a well dodgy green boonie hat catapulting hempseed seemingly at random around bits of south Surrey / north West Sussex / northeast Hants, that's me. I suggest either pointing and laughing, or occupying a nearby swim to take advantage of the free feed I'm bound to fire your way every few minutes.

* It'll be my usual excuse, that of "stupidity".

Welcome to Anglers' Net and welcome back to angling.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi

Great post, made me smile.... :D

I'm almost in the same boat as you but fall into the category of " All the gear, no idea" I have just rescued all my old equipment that has been in my mums loft for about 17 years....now I just have to remember how to use it.

Good luck mate

Cheers

Jay

Hi

Great post, made me smile.... :D

I'm almost in the same boat as you but fall into the category of " All the gear, no idea" I have just rescued all my old equipment that has been in my mums loft for about 17 years....now I just have to remember how to use it.

Good luck mate

Cheers

Jay

I feel the same as Jay "All the gear , no idea" great post aswell made me smile :):D:):D