It Stops Now

Guest Elton

For a few days now, myself and the moderators have regarded this board as a chore. What is supposed to be a medium for fun, provided to the angling community at no cost to you, has become a playground for children. The trouble is, these children are all grown up and should know better.

Whilst this, no doubt, is a great source of amusement to some, what you see on this forum is but the tip of the iceberg.

I am sick to death of the emails, phone calls and threats that go with it. In this instance, I wasn't even in this bloody country at the time and the event surrounding all the bitching that's going on was nothing to do with me. For the record, I've never arranged anything in the name of this site! Some people have arranged get-togethers off their own backs and a number have commented that they wouldn't do it again. That's one thing you the moaning minority have already practically killed for the rest of the forum members. Well done, girls.

So why do you all seem intent on badgering me?

I'm a bloke, with a full time job, a wife, family, a dog and a few friends. Actually, that circle of friends has diminished over the past few years. Ask any of them why and they'll tell you that I'm always busy.

I don't owe any of you anything, yet I put up with this crap day after day after day. The only people I do 'owe' something to are the moderators (God only knows why they choose to put up with such stick) and the ANMC members, who have never asked me for anything, or even moaned when updates have been late. Having said that, 99.9% of you here have never caused me any bother whatsoever, either, so please don't include yourself in the people I wish to address publicly here. Actually, you are the people I do this for.

The thing is, I don't do it to get anything back. I started this site because a few people asked me to and nowadays I love the fact that so many enjoy it. I had two unprompted emails today from people who had visited and felt compelled to comment. That's payment enough for me.

So, why am I letting the 0.1% of people get to me? I'll tell you why - because I've tried to satisfy everyone, despite their ridiculous demands, for three years and I've failed. Yep, I admit to not being able to completely satisfy 100% of the tens of thousands of people who come here every month.

I can handle grown men running around like pansies threatening to do this, that and the other to each other from a distance, but I can't handle them involving me in their dirty work any longer.

To that 0.1%, I say this:

You cause nothing but trouble, for me and other people here. You moan constantly about this site. You moan about the people posting here and try to get me to remove them, so you obviously don't like these forums. You just moan. You have nothing better to do than moan.

Fine. Go and moan elsewhere. I'm sure some people would be glad of the 'hits'. Isn't that what the internet is about for some people?

From now on, any bitching, back-stabbing and trouble making will be deleted and the posters posting rights removed permanently without discussion.

All emails sent to me now are deemed fit for publication. Let me show the world what you're really like, or sod off. Personally, the latter is preferable. Why not be a real man and send them to the person you're bitching about? It will save me a job.

Like I said, 99.9% of people here are not the cause of this. Some people seem intent on ruining this forum and they're in danger of succeeding. I have a life and I also have the facility to switch this site off right this second.

One last thing for the minority - don't think you can abuse me any longer and have me sit back and take it. You dish it out, you get it back. Some people think it's fine to use abusive language in emails (yes, I do keep them) and phone, but then take offence when I eventually use foul language back. Sorry, but if you knew me personally, you'd know that I'm not always Mr. Tactful, and when I see you, I'll say it to your face.

Regards to most of you,

Elton

PS And here's the funniest one yet:

"but then I'm told that you were seen handing 'a lot' of cash to Fawcett at Yateley ...

more on this later ..."

This "'a lot of cash'" was £10.

Alan Fawcett had asked me to reserve an ANMC number for him, whilst he saved up the cash to pay.

I was handed 10 quid by a guy who was on the dole, with a heavily pregnant wife in tow. That guy had travelled absolutely miles, in a van that kept breaking down, to attend a charity fish-in arranged by Stoney for McMillan Nurses.

I gave him his money back.

So, sue me.

Whilst I do appreciate comments, I had intended this thread to be a general statement and hope nobody takes offence as I delete the replies and leave it as such. Your support, or not, is noted and appreciated.

This thread is intended to be for all to read and is not specific to one event, more a culmination of too many years of this.

Thank you,

Elton

[This message has been edited by Elton (edited 29 January 2002).]