Fishing River At Little Britain

BreamBoi

Ive never fished a river before and was wondering what equipment would be best to use ... any help would be appreciated .. thanks

It all depends on the type of river you are fishing.

For a deep/slow moving river (Normally pretty wide) I would recommend using ledger as a general method. That way you have the ability to cast to most areas you thing the fish are.

Equipment for this:

Feeder rod, ledger or method feeder (Depends on the strength of the current) and baits such as Corn/Meat/Maggot are often a good starting point.

As for the thinner/quicker moving rivers I would say head for a float rig at first. Try and find some overhanging snags and trot a float rig down with something like Maggot/Bread ect: and see what turns up!

Good luck :D

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

For a deep/slow moving river (Normally pretty wide) I would recommend using ledger as a general method. That way you have the ability to cast to most areas you thing the fish are.

Equipment for this:

Feeder rod, ledger or method feeder (Depends on the strength of the current) and baits such as Corn/Meat/Maggot are often a good starting point.

As for the thinner/quicker moving rivers I would say head for a float rig at first. Try and find some overhanging snags and trot a float rig down with something like Maggot/Bread ect: and see what turns up!

thanks . im not sure what the rivers like as i aint been there yet .. im fishing it saturday but i will use your advice n see how i get on and ill let you know ...

i dont have a method feeder yet but i shall visit my local tackle shop and pick one up .. i usually use cage feeders or maggot feeders ..

only jus started feeder fishing about a month ago to be honest i usually carp fish..

thanks anyways mate ... speak soon

Equipment for this:

thanks . im not sure what the rivers like as i aint been there yet .. im fishing it saturday but i will use your advice n see how i get on and ill let you know ...

i dont have a method feeder yet but i shall visit my local tackle shop and pick one up .. i usually use cage feeders or maggot feeders ..

only jus started feeder fishing about a month ago to be honest i usually carp fish..

thanks anyways mate ... speak soon