method feeder

BreamBoi

Hi im a new member at a fishing lake but been fishing for a couple years now and i have been feeder fishing now for about a month or so and only been using cage feeders as i been fishing on shallow waters .. i went out yeterday and bought a couple preston method feeders ..

so any tips on what baits or equipment to use would be helpful .. thanks

Hi im a new member at a fishing lake but been fishing for a couple years now and i have been feeder fishing now for about a month or so and only been using cage feeders as i been fishing on shallow waters .. i went out yeterday and bought a couple preston method feeders ..

so any tips on what baits or equipment to use would be helpful .. thanks

Is it these?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT...GK3mvbmyvHa0MQ=

If so I use them and they are amazing! I use the mould also.

For Carp I use Corn/Meat on the hook. For the feeder I get some 3mm pellets, chuck them in a bait box and add boiling water (Until they are just covered) then leave with the lid on for about 1-2 hours. I sometimes add a dash of Scopex to them also.

You then get a really nice paste which is perfect for the method feeder.

I have used Groundbait with it also which works really well. I normally make it a little wetter than usual so it holds the hook-bait better.

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

Is it these?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT...GK3mvbmyvHa0MQ=

If so I use them and they are amazing! I use the mould also.

For Carp I use Corn/Meat on the hook. For the feeder I get some 3mm pellets, chuck them in a bait box and add boiling water (Until they are just covered) then leave with the lid on for about 1-2 hours. I sometimes add a dash of Scopex to them also.

You then get a really nice paste which is perfect for the method feeder.

I have used Groundbait with it also which works really well. I normally make it a little wetter than usual so it holds the hook-bait better.

hi mate ,

yeah there the ones i got . i got some sonubaits groundbait aswell .. i will get some pellets and give it a try as im fishing this afternoon after work and possibly stay the night as i aint night fished in a while ...

p.s what type of pellets should i use ??

hi mate ,

yeah there the ones i got . i got some sonubaits groundbait aswell .. i will get some pellets and give it a try as im fishing this afternoon after work and possibly stay the night as i aint night fished in a while ...

p.s what type of pellets should i use ??

I am glad you got the feeders, they are fantastic!

I use the fisheries own pellets. They are about 3mm in length and come in good sized bags for £2. Unfortunately they are practically impossible to hook so I either use them as paste, or to get a nice carpet of bait down.

I have never used any specific brands of pellets from the shelf. I did today go to purchase some from the tackle shop but my fishery got some more bags in so I stuck with those instead.

These look the closest to the ones I use:

56d6942b0d4e1b0b571a439476ae35b6.jpg

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish