Carp Locations

goin_fishin

Hi, I fish a lake which as very big carp in. today i had a walk down and saw 12+ carp Sufacing i threw chum mixer in and they took it after ten minites it is very polluted but very clear u can see to about 5ft when i mean polluted i dont mean oil i mean like trailers and shoppin trolleys. it as bream , tench , pike ,Perch , rudd and roach.

It is very deep in the middle its 15ft and it is 4ft till about 6 ft out. it as algae on the surface in the margins and weedy it as overhanging trees over it.

My question is where would i find carp in there?

it is about 3/4 acre.

goin_fishin:

Hi, I fish a lake which as very big carp in. today i had a walk down and saw 12+ carp Sufacing i threw chum mixer in and they took it after ten minites it is very polluted but very clear u can see to about 5ft when i mean polluted i dont mean oil i mean like trailers and shoppin trolleys. it as bream , tench , pike ,Perch , rudd and roach.

It is very deep in the middle its 15ft and it is 4ft till about 6 ft out. it as algae on the surface in the margins and weedy it as overhanging trees over it.

My question is where would i find carp in there?

it is about 3/4 acre.

Err...am I missing the point here, or is the answer "where you've just seen them taking floaters"? :confused:

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I think one of the main key points in any carp fishing session (like any other style of angling) is observation. Reading up on articles from professional anglers as to where the most LIKELY places are you will find any one given species. Then, apply that knowledge to the location you want to fish. Draw a rough map of the pond if necessary and cross reference it with the most likely places you are likely to find the fish you are after.

After this is done. Take your map, a pair of binoculars, some polarising sunglasses and a bag of freebies. Sit and watch. Early morning and evening, watch for fish "topping" on the surface, patches of small bubbles all over the pond and fin wakes (swirls in the water). During the daytime watch the margins (reeds twitching, bubbles, lillies wobbling, etc), but also keep an eye out in the middle. Sometimes Carp get out of the sun in the margins (under the overhanging trees) sometimes they will find deeper water out in the middle.

If it's windy, find the "scum-line". A line of debris on the surface of the pond. Along the edge of this line is also where Carp will patrol in search of food blown in along the line.

When you think you know where the fish are, throw a few freebies in. Retire some distance away from the free bait offerings and, with the polaroids and binoculars watch for the baits disappearing. Alternatively, throw in a couple of handfuls of sweetcorn and watch for bubbles.

If possible, get yerself up one of them overhanging trees. It will give you a better view of the bottom of the pond, especially through polariods.

Hope this helps.

Tight Lines

Chris.