bollie band on my local water

DRAGONFLY

As has been said. just make a a nice firm paste bait using your favourite flavours, tone the amount of flavour down though, as the baits will not be boiled.

You can then just roll the paste into the size required, place in fridge a day or so before you go fishing to firm them up some more and then just mount on a hair as normal. Or just mould some of the paste around a bead or somthing , on the end of the hair. Paste baits on hair rigs work, I have used them and caught just the same.

You just have to maybe reel in known again to refresh your bait.

I suppose you could really take the whatsit, and steam the baits in a pressure cooker, not boilies are they :D

Or you could fish a particle bait, such as chic peas, just soak for 24 hrs then cook ( bring to the boil them simmer until fairly soft), overcook and they are knackered. I have fished these once on a water with a boilie ban and done well (no flavour, no colour). I think they are a good very cheap carp bait anyway and have never seen them on a banned baits list. You can flavour them, colour them if you like so they look like little boilies.

Black eye beans is another one, soak and cook the same way.

Broad beans, another good carp bait, also butter beans, butter beans I saw take a water apart some years ago. If you was not on them you struggled to catch. People were just flicking out a butter bean into the margins freeline, sitting back, and just watching the carp swim into the margins and pick it up.

The list can go on and on, all good carp baits, and I have as I say never seem any of them on a banned list.

Boilies are not the be all and end all of carp fishing, not in my book anyway.