whats your handle

Guest jangar

whats this i hear you say non fishing chat? how did you get your forum handle?are the fishing related handles related to your fishing prowess?

i chose mine because of my granddaughter,could not say granddad as a toddler called me jangar its stuck with me now

tight lines

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThePiker

I think mine says it all.E-mail address is the same as well..thepiker@????.com.its not THE piker.Just a name to let u all know what I fish for mainly,Oh! and Tench as well/

Guest Alan Roe

It may come as a supprise but yes Alan Roe really is my real name!!!! biggrin.gif

I don't fel the need to hide behind any Nom De Plume or to use the modern venacular 'Handle'

I mean 'Handle' whats this all about then? Does it mean that those who have them have been fitted with some form of post natal carrying loop???

Hells teeth it doesn't bear thinking about! Where have these poor devils had them fitted?

I suppose that it must make it easy for the parents or spouses of those who have had these handles fitted to keep them in order by using them to suspend the offenders from appropriate sized hooks strategically placed around the house for the purpose......

Or is the spelling Handel's in which case is the internet overun with aspirationalist classical music composers.

What will we do with them all?? The world could be smothered in classical music scores what an eco disaster in the making!!....

My Name is Alan Roe and I am honest enough to hold my own opinions and when appropriate voice them. They are my opinions and those who wish to argue with this position are invited to check out the mistletoe which is situated on the rear of my trousers!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest ThePiker

Hi Grandad,I mean Jangar.

Not really,19lb 9oz is the biggest since September.Fishing has been poor here in Ireland(for me anyway) in the last few weeks.I put it down to too much rain,lakes and rivers are up around 8-10ft and chocolate brown in some places.

I use my first name. Works out nicely too since lots of folks think it is a handle related to the small lizard of the same name. biggrin.gif

I would try to do as Alan Roe does and use both names but at my age, I need to keep it simple so I can remember stuff. If my name was only 7 letters, I might try it but Newt Vail is 8 and I had to look at my driving license to get it for inclusion in this post. eek.gif

Guest Alan Taylor
[/b]

At times I do wish I had started off on AN with a handle. I originally used Alan(nl) so that I was not mistaken for a rather famous angler/business man (whatever). There quite a few Alan/Allan's on here and I now hope that when people refer to any comment etc that I have made they will put (nl) or even just nl after my name.

This is an old chestnut thrown back in the fire so here goes again, I have no problems at all with people using handles, in fact the ones like Janger/Gramps are realy nice. All I would like to see is there real name on there profile (for eg). An email address is not always possible as some people use work computers or just do not want a load of emails filtering through, I respect this. BUT when people use a handle to hide behind when they start throwing muck etc etc, that I do not like.

Another reason for wanting to know a real name is that I find it easier to answer an email or topic with hi Fred than Hi hewhocatchesnexttonowt.co.etc biggrin.gif

Alan(nl)

------------------

ANMC Founder Member. Support Anglers Net & reap the benefits, join ANMC today.

Guest Alan Roe

My previous response was written rather tounge in cheek, hence the smilies!

For the majority of the contributors to this forum the use of a Nom de Plume is a bit of fun and I don't have any great problem with that.....Although in my opinion a handle belongs firmly on a jug, cup, mug, teapot or other like implement! biggrin.gif

Where I do have a problem is where some gutless wonders use a Nom de Plume to hide behind when giving voice to opinions that they otherwise wouldn't have the courage to voice openly. Or when these individuals seek to attack others whilst at the same time remaining behind a cloak of anonymity.

It is a sad fact that people will say things to each other through this media that they would never dream of saying in a face to face situation.

It is an all to common phenomenon that when there is a difference of opinion over an angling issue there are some who will swiftly move away from the subjet in question and launch a bitter personal attack on those with whom they have disagreed!!

The original point of discussion is swiftly buried under a welter of invective and if this is not swiftly brought under control we wind up with a lot of hurting people and the original issue unresolved!! hence the need for mods!