Tench/carp/bream lakes nr Leicester? please

The Diamond Geezer

Hi

I going to be on business in Leicester in a couple of weeks, and staying not too far from Junction 21 on the M1, and I'll be taking my carp rods with me in the hope that there are some nice lakes in the area that hold tench, carp and/or bream.

Can anyone help, please?

DG Posted Image

I've found out that there are two carp fisheries at Gilmorton, both reviewed in the magazines recently:

Holly Farm, tel.01455 202391 and

Mill Farm, tel. 01455 552392

Both look good. Holly farm seems to have better facilities, bigger carp, and is more popular. Mill farm looks quieter, a bit more 'natural'

Gilmorton is just north of jct 20 on the M1

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

quote:

Originally posted by Pangolin:

I've found out that there are two carp fisheries at Gilmorton, both reviewed in the magazines recently:

Both look good. Holly farm seems to have better facilities, bigger carp, and is more popular. Mill farm looks quieter, a bit more 'natural'

Gilmorton is just north of jct 20 on the M1

Yup, Thanks, I found it too .. and it's about 10 miles south of where I'll be staying :)

Thanks again

Posted Image

DG

I've recommended Mill Farm, Gilmorton before, see the last half of www.anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...691;p=1#000007

It is getting busy at the weekends now the weather has (had) warmed up, but is well worth a short visit in the evenings.

Holly Farm may be a bit small for proper carp rods and tactics, the two newer lakes have central islands within pole reach and the original lake is very small.

quote:

Originally posted by WickerDave:

I've recommended Mill Farm, Gilmorton before,

It is getting busy at the weekends now the weather has (had) warmed up, but is well worth a short visit in the evenings.

Holly Farm may be a bit small for proper carp rods and tactics, the two newer lakes have central islands within pole reach and the original lake is very small.

Cheers, WDave

:) DG

Dear Dave,

"And of course Makins is just a short drive down the M69 if you fancy some stillwater barbel"

Blinkin Heck!! Bloomin Heck!! And blow me down with salt in me apple crumble!! Go to the Barbel Society site and see what swim wild, swim free really means.

Broome Angling Club will help you out DG. So will Liecester Amalgamation. Don't know the contact numbers so can someone else pass these on to DG? There's some huge carp in the area but most have waiting lists. Swithland for massive (record) bream but again restritions. In the river season, Wreake for big roach, some bream and barbel. Some big carp. Soar good mixed fishing.

Regards,

Lee.

quote:

Originally posted by trent.barbeler:

Broome Angling Club will help you out DG. So will Leicester Amalgamation. Regards,

Lee.

Cheers, Lee,

I'll try to find them on the 'Net

quote:

There's some huge carp in the area but most have waiting lists.

:rolleyes:

quote:

Swithland for massive (record) bream but again restrictions. Regards,

Lee.

:rolleyes:

Thanks anyway, Lee

Posted Image

DG

[ 01. May 2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]