Middlesbrough

dazalio

hey,I live in Middlesbrough and was wondering if anyone else on here lives in this area and could tell me some half decent places to fish!this town is dead for fishing and the nearest place that's any good is as far as I know Preston Park but I'm not old enough to drive and there isn't any buses from round here to there as far i know (dont fancy lugging fishing kit around on a bus anyway like)so I would be very grateful for any replies

cheers,

alio

Apparently Albert Park has just reopened after renovations. I don't know if they've put the fish back in yet, but before they drained it they were shown taking some nice bream and a few tons of shopping trolleys out.

The nearest other lake to Middlesbrough is probably the pond at Poole Hospital, I'm not sure if Middlesbrough Angling Club still have the lease on it, but I've no doubt any of the local tackle shops will let you know.

I dunno how far you can get but the new lake at East Harlsey (Renney Lake) is fishing its head off at the moment, if you go on a weekend though get there early - it gets busy!