Big fat chub!!

dexter

I know it's not everybody's cup of tea, so no comments about the publication please.

But have those of you who do read it seem the girth on some of the chub in this weeks AT. They must be greadiest of all species, especially this time of year. Methinks some people have been substituting pies for bait.

Regards

Dex

Just a theory.....

Same happened as I remember with Tench and Bream weights in waters stocked with Carp.

Weights have gradually increased over the years as the Bream and Tench regularly feed on the high protein baits balled into swims by Carp anglers.

Could this be the reason why these Chub are also increasing in weight/body mass ???

With the amount of Carp anglers turning to river fishing, it wouldn't surprise me.

Are we going to see record Chub and Barbel being caught on boilies ???

Tight Lines

Chris

Don't think it's anything new with the Chub they've always got fat this time of year. Caught one on the Ribble last week. In the summer that fish would have weighed no more than 4 1/2 lb but when weighed this one was a full pound heavier than that. That's over 20% it's body weight.

Regs

Dexter