Rod licence

Guest David

Guest David

Waterman, you must be joking why would I have ever been a member of the CAA. I do a lot inmy spare time to promote the sport, I have six sets of tackle which myself and others give those who have never fished the chance to try the sport out without spending a greatdeal on tackle, at the start of the year myself and a friend where asked to start a fishing club, we have arranged for them to go seafishing, fly, carping and pike fishing all with experts in their field as I feel a young angler needs to try out all methods in angling to find the on that suits him/her the best as course angling is not the be all end all. In addition im in the 6th year of running an U 18's match which goes under the name of 'Get Hooked on Fishing not Drugs or Crime', Waterman what do you do to promote the sport?

Guest robert

Well David I wish there was a message icon showing someone puking up as that is what you make me feel like doing.I can honestly say in all my life I have never seen so much self important shite written by one person.How the hell you can find the time for all these good causes is beyond me when you never seem to be away from this sodding forum.Then again our misfortune is their good fortune I suppose as they dont have to listen to your pompous self important drivelling shite.

bye all,

robert.

Guest David

Robert its a pity you can not present your thoughts other the that of a foil mothed yob.

Imn addition I do not think it is any of your bussiness what I do with my spare time.

You are the first person to disagree and use bad languege.I would be pleased if you do not contact me again, until you can be polite.

thank you.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 22 April 2000).]

Well David, I have to say, I finally agree with you on this point. A forum is about expressing opinions in a polite courteous manner, presenting logical argument, and the use of bad language I also find not acceptable.

I HAVE FINALLY FOUND SOMETHING TO AGREE WITH YOU ON !!! smile.gif

Keep posting David, you're comments in this forum, are well received by me, and i'm sure others would agree to.

Jase

Guest Graham E

The fishing licence is fantastic value.

12 months fishing for the price of a ticket to one prem match that lasts 90 plus mins.

It should cost double with the extra going directly into fishing and related conservation, including being used to fund a examination on fishing and the environment to be undertaken and passed before you can fish. - Like Germany

Guest David

Graham my own personal opinion in respect of the fishing licence is extremley good value. However there is a lot said about the licence and the EA who do an outstanding job.

so I felt I would start a bit of a debate to find out what others felt who use this site.

Guest Steve Burke

Robert, instead of critisizing David, how about posting a constructive reply or starting a new topic? As you seem to have strong views I'm sure we'd all be interested in what you have to say.

David may seem ultra keen, but without the likes of him nothing much in angling would get done. His motives, whatever they are, are surely utterly irrelevant. The point is he gets stuck in and benefits angling. Can you say the same?

Additionally he's raised some very interesting points and, although I don't agree with half of what he has to say, I don't think it warrants a personal attack.

Although you've made a fool of yourself to start with Robert, you're very welcome on this Forum, even if such foolish postings aren't. However anyone can have an off day and make a mistake once, so we look forward to hearing some constructive comments from you.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest waterman1013

Hi David

It seems I struck a sore point from the tone of your response. I don't agree with a lot you have to say and must admit to sometimes struggling to get the sense of what you are saying, but appreciate that you have lots of ideas and obviously energy.

You seem to think, from your response, that criticism only comes from those outside angling organisations. In answer to your question I am secretary to my local club, sit on the local river catchment consultative, am a life long supporter of ACA, have not yet re-joined the PAC since the Blithfield scandal, and am an active supporter of SACG, believe that all party politicians are liars by birth and that angling needs unity in its representation before all else. Yes I am active. I was also pleased to see that CAA meant something to you. I bet half the blokes on the bank have no idea of the dangers angling faces from outside.

You must also be posting as DavidB?? I wrote you privately about the under 18s and the anti drugs work, don't you remember?

I think you must be on leave at the moment and determined to wind the rest of us up. If so - it's working isn't it? Robert certainly fell in with both feet.

ttfn

Mike biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by waterman1013 (edited 23 April 2000).]

Guest David

The reason you did not get a reply is simple I do not go under Davidb just David. I did do not feel my comments are aimed to wind folks up, just to make you all think. Lots of people never really think about whats happening in the world let alone angling. I have no problem with others disagreeing as long as they are polite. I disagree with others but refrain from being vulgar, thats all I ask from others. And I welcome friendley banter.

Guest Jonty

Jase ??

Are you by any chance the Jase who used to fish Deep Haye with Andy Pickering ?? - nights and all ??

Jonty