Fishing In Essex

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Just had the following in by email - can anyone help?:

I will be having a weeks fishing holiday soon at a place near to Saffron Walden.

The carp fishing is very good where I am booked in but I am hoping that somebody out there will be able to tell me of a good TENCH water within a reasonable distance from my holiday booking.

I am not too fussy about the size of the TENCH but I do want a water that has a good head of fish which I can get into on a day ticket and have a good days fishing.

I also need some information about where the nearest decent tackle shop is to Saffron Walden.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN AS THE HOLIDAY IS GETTING CLOSER AND I NEED HELP BADLY

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest John Weddup

The L.A.A. have two great gravel pits at Glemsford. These are not that far from saffron Walden. They offer great tench fishing in beautifull surroundings. Totally natural, unlike commercial fisheries. They are open all year now for the first time and daytickets are available at a very reasonable £3. The tench were bubbling everywhere on monday, just starting too feed.If this is of interest I can give more information.

Guest John Weddup

I have had another thought Haverhill Angling Centre is very close to Saffron Walden. Debbie Who runs it is a Match angler and has lots of commercial fisheries advertised there.

Their Tel No. is 01440 705011

Obviously I could give better advice if i new what sort of fishing was required.

post a reply with more information and i,ll do what i can

best regards John

P.S. pleased to see the forum so active.

I have just posted a message about a water called Rayne Lodge which is near Braintree that is not that far from Safron walden. We caught loads of small tench up to about 4lb and crucians, skimmers, carp and roach etc.

A good days fishing if that is what you are after. details about the fishery are on the message i just posted. I don't know about shops in the area but the guy who runs the fishery should be able to point you in the right direction.