hello

tony tinca

Hi to all this is my first post so be gentle lol i do alot of match fishing in south east region and starting to get recognized like my dad was, his name was terry sneyd maybe someone will of heard of him , he was succesfull in 70s and 80s . my first question is can anyone help me as ive just broken my 5th and 6th section on my preston gis 8 ,its a fairly old pole i know but still so good and i want to keep on using it . Any top kits i would be interested in as well . I think all preston poles are compatible with each other but im not 100% so if anyone could help that would be reeaally ! great

Hi Tony and welcome to Anglers' Net.

You'll do better for answers to your pole repair question if you post in the Coarse section. It is more active and more widely read than here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Tony and welcome to Anglers' Net.

You'll do better for answers to your pole repair question if you post in the Coarse section. It is more active and more widely read than here.

its ok ive just found someone selling a compleat gis 8 for 300 quid so im gonna be able to use my broken one as usefull spares so im well chuffed. I suppose i cudda spent a bit extra on a slightly newer second hand pole , but i do like the preston . Does anyone here share my opinion on the gis 8 or does anyone know of another good pole for the same sorta money