Rivers In Surrey Area

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Hi, sorry to ask so many questions tonight, but I have another here in my mailbox as follows:

Hi, I've just moved into SW London and I'm looking to take up fishing again. I'm originally from Nottingham and am used to fishing Beeston weir/Clifton Grove on the Trent for mainly Chub. I'm particularly interested in any day ticket fishing on rivers both large and small which hold good amounts of Chub and Barbel.

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Badger

Elton,

The Wey near Byfleet has Barbel to over 13lbs and loads of chub to over 6lbs. Although I don't fish it much personally, I have walked its banks many times and havent really seen too many anglers about on most of the stretches. I dont have a contact address for the club that runs this reach of the Wey (Byfleet Angling Association)with me but email me if they are interested and I'll get on to it. The subs are reasonable for the amount of water there is and the quality of the fishing, about 30 quid plus 25 joining fee.

Cheers.

Dave

Guest Simon T

Thanks for the info Dave, I'll have a look down there at the weekend. I've also read that there's free fishing on the Thames around Sunbury and further west, is this worth investigating?

Cheers, Simon.

Guest Adrian

Simon.

The Wey is quite good, but a lot smaller than the Trent. Byfleet, Guildford and Woking all have clubs with waters on the river. Most local tackle shops have application forms.

The River Mole near to Dorking is worth a look, Leatherhead and District AS as well as Dorking AS have waters there.

There are Chub and Barbel in both rivers, Chub being the most numerous and widespread.

The Thames is worth a look. Fishing is free downstream of Runnymede, there are many accessible spots. For Barbel, one of the best is where the River Mole joins the Thames at Hampton Court, opposite the palace. There are also Chub Bream and Carp there. For further help Molesey Angling Centre is nearby, on Hampton Court Way, just before the bridge. Phil, the boss takes quite an interest in the local river.

Tight lines.

Adrian.

Guest Simon T

Adrian, appreciate the info, I've been unable to access the net 'till today. I'll have a look this weekend.

Cheers, Simon T.