Best deadbait?

Guest Martin Salisbury

Guest Martin Salisbury

I've just started fishing for pike over the last few months and was wondering which deadbait you all thought was the best?

Now I know there's no definitive answer but when a friend and I fished several different deadbaits the one that was the winner was a red sprat.

My next favourite is the old faithful mackerel but my friend swears by using lamprey, especially in rivers.

So piking experts if you had just one deadbait you could use what would it be?

Martin

Guest Elton

If it was just one bait, it'd be a silver sprat for me every time. If you can use more than one, try two or three on a single treble.

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest RobStubbs

Martin,

My favourites are smelt and lamprey, although in all honesty I don't pike fish much and when I do I almost exclusively only use the above baits. I have tried others but they have always been much less effective - eg mackeral, trout, sardines ...

Rob.

P.S. I also did very well with a shiny copper spoon, unfortunately it's now living up a tree in France !

Guest Gaz

Martin If I am going piking I never leave the house without some form of mackeral which in preference I use joeys then tails then heads. Normally one of them works. Gaz