Catch Reports?

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

It was very quiet on here at the weekend, so I assume everyone but me was fishing frown.gif

So, what was caught, eh?

I know some of you have stated that you won't fish in the close season, so I have a question for you, too - who was busiest, B&Q or Do It All? biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, my experience this weekend enables me to answer the second question frown.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest RobStubbs

Elton,

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get out fishing but I was at the syndicate lake on Sat. Carp were basking in the sun all over the place - I'll have to take a pocket full of chum next time.

Sun I spent most of the day at the SACG committee meeting / AGM. More of that will follow very soon.

Rob.

Guest Gaffer

Elton,I got up before first light to go to a local day ticket,Pimlico Farm fishery,5 miles south of Brackley,just off the A43.

I started on the top lake ,the largest of 3.

Within minutes I had a 8lb mirror on chum's,30mins later a 11lb common on floating bread crust('Zig Rig')and another 2lb common on the same rig after re-casting.

At 10:30 I ventured down to the 'garden lake',the smallest lake.This lake is very reedy,snaggy,shallow and clear.With my 8.5ft stalking rod and center-pin I caught another 2 commons,12,2lb and a smaller one of about 3lbs.A simple lift-rig with a 1 inch braided hook-link,2 mini trout pellets on a hair,and 5 free offerings did the job.With the poloroids on it was easy to find the fish,I got some funny looks though poking through bushes and reeds!

They showed no signs of spawning,won't be long though.

Gaffer.

Guest Graham E

I was working but happened to pass the Canal at The Fisheries Pub in Harefield, Uxbridge.

I very rarely fish in the CS but couldn't resist watching 2 lads about 11 fishing. Then I couldn't resist giving some tec advise like, try lengthening the ledger tail to more than 2inches etc. Despite old bigmouth interfering the boys were keen to learn and bites started and continued with one of the boys catching his first trout at 6oz. As he preceded to tease the other lad with a song going along the lines of...

Iv'e caught a trout. IVE caught a trout, I am the only one to ever catch a trout. I made my excuses and left....

They bid me of with a "Thanks a lot mate"

It made my day.

Guest craig

Caught the sun burnt my bald spot .

Having no joy myself but saw alot of carp

on my local north west water starting

to spawn.The carp would cruse right under my feet

in groups of around 7 but would they hell

take my floater.I was watching a young lad

bring in a carp,and a male was rubbing its self

against it throughout the full fight.It was a first for me anyway

.Still It was a good day watching carp,better than the telly.

MAY YOUR NETS STAY WET.

CRAIG.

Guest Gaz

No close season over here.Had a lovely days fishing at Kilygola in Monoghan.Caught a steady stream of roach and a few bream which did'nt hang around for long.My brother and I had a double hook up of pike which devoured the two roach we were reeling.I lost mine along with my rig right at the waters edge while bro landed a 7lb pike with roach still in its mouth.No fancy rigs just used feeders all day.Had a kip in the afternoon as it was getting so hot and we had been out since 5am .Drove the 80 miles home went to bed exhausted and could'nt get up for work this morning.Now in the doghouse with the better half .Oh well it was a good days fishing. I think it may be DIY next week. "shucks" Gaz

Guest Jonty

Saturday - Sun shone, BBQ time again, so trotted off to the Tern (River) to try for a trout or two for Queen Bee's tea. Worms again, guys !!

Managed a nice little rainbow of 14" or so, which madam enjoyed more than a little !!

Sunday - Spanish GP on the goggle-box, so being a fan, I goggled !!

That was it !!

Guest Martin Salisbury

I got seriously sunburnt on friday while spending a days fishing at Wyreside lakes near Lancaster (see links page on here or even better buy my book out last week in May)

I've got exams next week so I whacked out a couple of rods and left them to it on the Fox's Lake. In between revision I took two carp 9lb and 7lb, and 5lb tench and a small grass carp.

Three fish fell to spice flavoured luncheon meat the other a boilie so never forget the old favourites!

I'm sure the fish will be spawning now. The carp in my back garden pond have just spawned and we've removed loads of eggs. Hopefully, they were fertilised and I'll have some baby carp to put in a tank when I start work full time in June.

Martin

Guest RobStubbs

Martin,

It'll be good on the fishing front if the fish do spawn imminently - at least on those waters with a closed season. The fish had grouped up when I had a wander on Sat but they weren't into the spawning.

Rob.

Guest davidP

18 hours overtime in an office with no windows.

Fishing?? I think I used to do that once upon a time frown.gif

[This message has been edited by davidP (edited 09 May 2000).]