What it's all about....

Guest Paul H

Guest Paul H

I only returned to fishing this year and was

discussing how much I'd enjoyed it with a

colleague at work. He asked to come along, to

rekindle his enjoyment of fishing.

After a visit to the post office for his licence (he bought a yearly)we arrived at

Puddledock fishery in Upminster at about ten

to fish Wood Lake.

By 3PM he landed 4 carp to 9lb, and I'd had

nothing, I lent him tackle, set him up, tied

his hooks and even baited his hook, and he loved every moment of it. And, so had I to see the amount of fun he was having, on the way home the talk was of buying new gear and

discussing other places to visit.

Yesterday the smile hadn't gone from his face

and some good natured banter was had, apparantly he's gonna give me lessons :-(

But, thats what it's all about, isn't it?

Guest IanG

Good on ya Paul

Your good deed for the year-sounds to me like he owes you one and I would collect it in pints!!

IanG

Guest Elton

I was thinking about the reason why I like fishing this weekend and I'm sure one factor is that it's just like being a child again. That feeling and smile stays with you throughout life, I reckon biggrin.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest DonRamos

Paul,

Funny you should say this, as only a couple of weeks ago I was teaching a mate who has never fished before on a local stillwater. He caught carp, perch, rudd, roach, and just about anything else that swims while I sat there catching a 1oz rouch every two hours. Since then he has had a 6 1/2 pound carp, and has just recently bought some gear.

I put it down to beginners luck but if things continue at this rate, I'm gonna have to seriously buck up my ideas.

DonRamos