Oddest catch

Guest Chris S

Guest BUDGIE

I was only discussing a similar subject on another chat board recently but it is worth telling again. During a short period living in the States my mate Luke Moffatt was trying to catch some Gar with live baits when he hooked an alligator! No Bull! I challenge anyone to top that!

Guest Badger

I once hooked a seagull whilst casting a 3oz lead to the horizon. Don't think it was too impressed.

cheers

Dave.

Guest matchman

The oddest thing i have ever caught was a rod and reel. the set had been lost by a freind earlier in the week, when he was fishing for bits in the shallows. he had just hooked his worm and cast it out, he then turned round to open a bag of crisps when a huge carp pulled in his rod.

[ that beats the alligator ]

if any 1 else has done thi contact me on the thread named ponds, lakes, resevoirs

Guest Graham E

Fishing from Fort Lauderdale pier in Florida I once hooked a turtle! It was around 30lb and fought really well. They are protected and as the chance of bringing it up the jetty was very low I actually cut the line.

The worse thing was 100 plus onlookers waiting for the "fish" to surface after the 20 min fight!

Guest Steve Burke

Talking of seagulls, I've had one take a fly in mid-cast! And I was sea fishing at the time!