'Gizmos'

Guest Gaffer

Guest Gaffer

Nearly all of my rigs incorperate a gizmo in one way or another.

The origional ones were stainless, i think, but the newer ones are black.

The black ones aren't as springy and go rusty!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Gaffer

P.S. I noticed that the price is the same for a more inferior product!

Guest Wordbender
Originally posted by Gaffer:

Nearly all of my rigs incorperate a gizmo in one way or another.

The origional ones were stainless, i think, but the newer ones are black.

The black ones aren't as springy and go rusty!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Gaffer

P.S. I noticed that the price is the same for a more inferior product!

I sodding-well hope the latest Gizmos aren't crap, because I'm just about to stock up for the season. They are (were?) superb little ...er...'gizmos' and I've used them since they were launched. I think Carp R Us should be asked a few stern questions, here. Elton - you're the Editor - go to it, son.:-)

Tel.

Guest Elton

What's their phone number, Tel?

Over a thousand fisherpeople a day look at these forums, so they're not what you call 'insignificant'! We don't blow our own trumpets here, but there's no denying the fact that Anglers' Net is getting places...how many other magazines are talking to Jim Gibbinson, 'Sir' Peter Springate and more tomorrow? biggrin.gif

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Trevor Babich

Hi guys,

scuse my ignorance.Please enlighten me in the African bush but what is a gizmo??

Regards,

Trevor

Guest Gaffer

Hi trevor, 'Gizmo' is a very small gadget which aids quick assembly or disassembly of rigs.

The 'Gizmo' is produced by a company called Carp 'r' Us.

It is made from a sprung wire,about the same gauge as a paper-clip.

It has an eye a one end, which you tie onto, and the other double backs onto itself.

c==-o <- tie onto the eye.

There are many uses,the main one being to tie it to your mainline, and have your hooklink swivel clip onto the other.

I personaly have them tied onto my hooklinks, I then clip them onto my swivel which is tied to my mainline(leadcore).

Once clipped on the 'Gizmo' is covered by a rubber sheath which stops it coming unclipped.

There are many advantages of these 'Gizmos':-to have baited rigs ready - to unclip in the landing net so that its just the fish and hooklink you carry safely, leaving your rod at the waters edge.

I hope you can make some sense of what i have said.

Gaffer.

[This message has been edited by Gaffer (edited 31 May 2000).]

Guest Trevor Babich

Hi Gaffer,

many thanks for you very explicit reply. I always thought a gizmo was something you did not have a name for. Out here our rigs are a lot less complicated and we use snap swivels for some of the uses you use the gizmos for.

Many thanks,

Trevor

Guest Chris S
Originally posted by Trevor Babich:

Hi Gaffer,

many thanks for you very explicit reply. I always thought a gizmo was something you did not have a name for. Out here our rigs are a lot less complicated and we use snap swivels for some of the uses you use the gizmos for.

Many thanks,

Trevor

Yes you got it, you can use snap swivels, if used correctly they do the same job, Cheaper too.

Chris S smile.gif

Guest Chris S
Originally posted by Chris S:

Yes you got it, you can use snap swivels, if used correctly they do the same job, Cheaper too and they do not go rusty, I wonder why they go rusty, so you have to buy some more of coarse. Well its your choice either use the whole snap swivel or just the snap link which I believe you can buy seperate.

Chris S   smile.gif

Guest Gaffer

Hi Chris, I agree with you that snap-links will do the same job with one ecception.

That being you can't fit a snap-link inside an inline lead if you wished.

Also, I find that snap-links are not as descreet as the 'Gizmos', but thats my preference.

As for price, your correct they are a tad expensive, especially when they rust!(£2.99 x5)

Gaffer.

Guest Trevor Babich

Hi Gaffer,

with our Mickey Mouse currency plus duties freight etc. the 5 gizmos would cost the equivalent of 12 twenty packs of fags.

By the way I don,t smoke while breasrfeeding

Regards,

Trevor