How about a get together?

Guest Gaffer

Guest John S
Originally posted by Gaffer:

Hi all, how does this sound?

Arrive Saturday 16th Sept, fish , then get together for B-B-Q at 6pm.(too early/late perhaps?)

Sounds good to me, I'll be there for sure.

------------------

John Suffill

Guest John S
Originally posted by Elton:

Stoney, mate - spoke to Dave Barham of Advanced Carp Fishing, and they should be up for it, too. Just got to prompt some others into action and we'll get back to you.

So guys (and girls), how about two in a row?

I'm going to have to start saving my pennies....

Count me in though

I have a feeling I may be banned from Yateley (wonder why?????) also it's my brothers 50th on the Sat, but if we are allowed to leave our swim for the afternoon & your short on numbers Matthew & I will make them up for you. How about the North Lake Alan, I could have a go at catching 'Bazil'!!

lyn

Guest Pikerray

I'm up for the weekend **** up, Oop's fish in I mean, Bluebell good for me.

but not sept 22-24 because of the PAC Conference in Manchester another **** up social gathering.

Ray Rogers.

Guest stoney
Originally posted by lyn:

I have a feeling I may be banned from Yateley (wonder why?????) also it's my brothers 50th on the Sat, but if we are allowed to leave our swim for the afternoon & your short on numbers Matthew & I will make them up for you. How about the North Lake Alan, I could have a go at catching 'Bazil'!!

Hi Lyn

No problem with Matthew and yourself taking part in the Yateley bash, and you can leave your allocated swim for the afternoon.

Ticket details on http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

or contact me for any extra info,

stoney x

lyn

Guest Gordon Scott
Originally posted by lyn:

If the wier pool has barbel in it, then I feel it should be a case of ladies first!! rolleyes.gif

lyn

I quite agree Lyn, definitely ladies first at the weirpool. You'll recognise me; cocktail dress, slingbacks, floppy hat...

Gordon

Originally posted by Gordon Scott:

I quite agree Lyn, definitely ladies first at the weirpool. You'll recognise me; cocktail dress, slingbacks, floppy hat...

Gordon

You cow - I was going to wear the same! Hmph...s'pose I'll be off to Dorothy Perkins for a new outfit now, 'cos of you!

Eltonia

Guest martin allen
Originally posted by Gaffer:

Hi all, Emberton Country Park sounds favourite at the moment, here are some details,

Emberton comprises of 6 lakes totalling approx 40 acres and about 1 mile of the Ouse.

All lakes and river contain a good mix of fish.

Pike to 24 1/2lb (sailing lake)

Carp to 25 1/2lb (Grebe lake)

Bream to 7lb (Grebe lake)

Barbel and chub in the Ouse especially at the wierpool.

B-B-Q's allowed as long as they don't burn the grass.

Bank side parking when dry.

£3.80 for 24hrs, £2.70 entry per vahicle 9-5pm. (out of hrs use machine, so take change)

Everybody still interested?

If so then a date needs to be set, any ideas?

Weekend of 2nd/3rd Sept??

All the best,

Gaffer.

Count me in, im all for this. How big is the weir pool, so I can order the correct tonnage of hemp! Is their a pub near by?, it would be rude not to vist as I need to update my good food guide! Can someone please clarify the date please, been away and missed all the disscusions. I've flicked through but best confirm for me. ta. Gordon, I need that red polka dot skirt back that I let you borrow. you can keep the stiletoes as they will hinder my sprint to the w/pool. Would also like advice on catching barbel as I havn't got a clue, will the old cat gut I've just removed from Mr. Tibbs be ok!

[This message has been edited by martin allen (edited 17 August 2000).]

Gaffer,

How many we got confirmed now then?

It may be time to start a new thread about this with confirmed dates/meeting times/whatever and I'll close this one, if you like.

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk