What's First?

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

The new river season is nearly upon us, and I can't decide what to go for first. For the past couple of seasons, I've had great fun lure fishing a local river for pike on the opening day, but I might go for a change this year.

I've seen some reasonable chub around and really fancy either trotting or freelining a bait along a number of swims (staying in one place isn't an option - I need the exercise!).

Hmmmm...decisions.

What's everyone else planned?

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Jonty

Chub from the Dane, Chub and Barbel from the Dove, Barbel form the Severn or Teme.

`Wild fish from Wild Waters` I think ( thanks to the Barbel Society) !!

Guest Wordbender
Originally posted by Elton:

What's everyone else planned?

A solid week's carping on the Millpond with Gay Dave and Chicken Jimmers. Total and utter bliss. I've turned down a week in the tropics to be at the Mill - I kid you not.

Can't wait,

Tel.

Guest fisherking

Got to be a dirty great big barbel from the Dane. Ive had my eye on a couple the past few weeks and they are well into double figures.I'll let you all know.

John.

Guest BUDGIE

I normaly do openning night on my local River Rother after some of the elusive Carp in there.This is about the only regular Carp fishing I do these days.Unfortunatly I have a booking for the last two weeks of June on the Ebro.It will seem strange missing the start.Best of luck to you all.Good to see that some people still get something out of the excitment of opening night.

Guest RobStubbs

Well I'll be in France on the 16th (not fishing) but the syndicate opens on the 10th so I'll cram in a couple of nights there before going over to France on Mon.

I hope to get out on the river - probably Ouse for some barbel or perhaps the Lea, but I've said that for the last couple of seasons and never quite got there.

Rob.

Guest GlennB

Down to the Somerset Frome in search of my first pike. If that fails, off to the Brue, still after the first pike smile.gif

Luck all

Glenn

Guest Pete

My Dad booked a golfing holiday in partugal, we told him early june, so you guessed! the old bugger has booked it for the 14th June.

My wife doesn't understand why I'd rather be in Leicestershire than the Algarve...does that ring any bells.

First day back I'll be roaming about chucking plugs in the morining and prebaiting a favourite barbel swim. The in the evening I'll be back to my prebaited swim in search of the beautiful barbie!

Pete Spindoc

Guest waterman1013

Three days and nights on the lower Ouse for a seriously BIG perch, some early zander and pike, maybe a few eels and some tasty chub.

Exciting innit? I love the 16th.

Mike

Guest oliver g

im going to try to get some r parret carp to start me off (mostly short sessions)then i will be down to the Dorset Stour for some chub and barbel........roll on the 16th .

------------------

oli