Fishing Diaries

Guest Steve Randles

Now I am getting even more interested, although i'm no expert by a long way, I do find a difference between venues. For example, one small pond I used to fish, was a perch a cast in the day, but come evening, not a nibble ? Yet, on another more fished venue the perch were more frequently caught in the evening ?

It would also be interesting to study, if there is a relationship between different times and conditions, to the quality of the fish caught, as well as quantity.

I must admit, this sort of stuff fascinates me ! smile.gif

Guest Steve Randles

Stuart,Badger,Aero and Jase:I'll be sending out some e-mails this week, but I'm also fishing and running my life so please be patient. Keep those reports coming.Species, date, and time and venue fi possible.Thanks for your cooperation

Regards & Tight Lines

Steve

Hi Steve I don't know if this is any help with your diaries. I took my 4yr old to local freestetch of the Wey this evening between us we had about 50 fish in less than a hour.

Pleasent evening just in tee shirts ( & jeans) fished 1830 - 1915hrs - method jam jars - bait, bread - one I had was a decent size, does anyone know the record for a minnow??!!!?

Guest Steve Randles

lyn: Nice one! Dont know about the Minnow record size, but surely you have set the speed fishing time!As for that son of yours...4 years old...watch out Sir Nudd!

Regards & tight Lines

Steve

p.s. What is your son called...Bob by any chance?

Guest Chris_Lyons

All very interesting;I HAVE intensely studied specimen fish feeding in relation to moons phases for over 7 years. I have stacks of evidence to prove beyond any doubt that the moons position is the first thing in deciding a fishes activity,the other so called factors come second and consistantly contradict themselves.I have recorded over 1700 specimen fish from anglers nationwide ALL ARE CAUGHT on key lunar days and at peak times which move daily and I can predict many months in advance! I have just marketed a chart and formed a company called MOONSTRIKE .The chart depicts the best and worst possible days to target specimen fish.Obviously there can be things which render peak days useless,dropping pressure,angling pressure and poor techniques are a few of many,but one cant do anything about them.I can be contacted via THE BARBEL SOCIETY If any other society wants me to give talks on this complex subject!