river trent in farndon

nathan

has anyone fished the river trent up in farndon if so could you give me some advice about what rigs and bait to use and which pegs are best (which area to fish on that peg)

p.s

do you know where to get your day tickets from

thanks

I once tried carp fishing opposite the old power station. I didn't get any carp, but I was getting a chub a cast on double boilies.

[ 18. August 2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Peter Sharpe ]

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Hi Nathan,

Are you refering to Farndon Ferry? if so I believe that the fishing is free, although I would recommend fishing the opposite bank which means taking the ferry, just shout across the river the guys name is John.

This allows you to throw a feeder across to the bird reserve which is upsream, this area is stuffed with quality chub, and bream.

As for bait you can't beat hemp & caster for the chub or maggots for the bream.

Alan.....