Bankside Cuisine

Guest Wordbender

Guest Wordbender

As a fat git (like Elton and Ian 'same shape as a pike bung' Gilmour) I do like my bankside scoff.

During the 'Last Gasp Victory' episode I posted earlier, our culinary fare included tiger prawns, haunch and fillet of venison, bar-b-q'd chicken and breast of duck, among other stuff - I kid you not.

So, what sort of comestibles do the honourable members of this forum enjoy and recommend - and soddin' Pot soddin' Noodles don't count, OK?

Preparation tips, recipes and all munchworthy produce may be brought to our attention.

I await your replies with extreme fatitood.

Tel.

Guest Dave B

'ere Tel, how come we never eat like than when we're on the bank together mate?

P.S. I hear that Mr T.H. has bagged two forties in the past week - how does he do it? Maybe we should ask him if he would take us both out for a couple of nights somewhere for some lessons!

Guest Elton

Err, Dave, we do. Ask the senior Barhams about the nosh at Wraysbury Two. Angus Aberdeen steaks and venison and somethingorother sausages. Tasty! Almost didn't leave myself enough room for a Pot Noodle!

Tight (waist)lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest piscary
Originally posted by Wordbender:

So, what sort of comestibles do the honourable members of this forum enjoy and recommend - and soddin' Pot soddin' Noodles don't count, OK?

Anything spicy wot I can cook in the dark, in one pot, 'cos nobody will ever lend me one of those miner's headlight thingys that everyone seems to have, but me, so's you can see what you're doing. Those dumplings at Wraysbury would have been far more shapely if someone had given me light:-)

Rosie

Guest piscary
Originally posted by Elton:

Err, Dave, we do. Ask the senior Barhams about the nosh at Wraysbury Two. Angus Aberdeen steaks and venison and somethingorother sausages. Tasty! Almost didn't leave myself enough room for a Pot Noodle!

Tight (waist)lines,

Elton

Almost didn't get any at all since you were loth to leave your bivvy. A grabbing hand thrust out through a partially open zip in the hope of someone (me!) putting something edible in it is not polite behaviour, young man. Oooh! Young Man!:-)

And what's all this about a pot noodle? You kept that very quiet!