Almost!

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Those of you spectating in the Elton versus Carp battle may be interested to know that I almost made it in my first real carp trip. I had a beautiful 17lb mirror out on Wednesday - as soon as I get the pictures developed (possibly today), I'll post one in the gallery. It was raining hard, so it'll be interesting to see how they come out. Successful bait was the Remedy from Mistral, so I now have confidence in it for next time biggrin.gif Hopefully, somebody will also be rolling some of Jonty's bait soon, so a few of us will give that a go, too.

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Steve Burke

What Elton hasn't told you is that he saw the fish roll, wound in one of his rods and recast it. 5 minutes later the 17lber took! It probably hadn't been caught before as it didn't seem to know what to do at first but subsequently woke up and put up a great scrap.

I'd just arrived at Wingham to see how Elton was getting on. The incessant rain stopped just for a minute exactly as Elton had the run. I got the net out to land the fish and, without having time to get waterproofs on, got soaked!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Dave B

Sorry Murph, even if it had been a twenty it wouldn't have counted. You've not done the biz 'til you've netted a twenty yourself!

Anyone can swing a twenty into a waiting landing net - just try netting it on your own, then you'll know what it's all about.

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Dave B:

Sorry Murph, even if it had been a twenty it wouldn't have counted. You've not done the biz 'til you've netted a twenty yourself!

Anyone can swing a twenty into a waiting landing net - just try netting it on your own, then you'll know what it's all about.

Yeah, cheers mate rolleyes.gif

I think we need to 'promote' you to the sea fishing forum, anyway, Dave. It's looking a bit drab on there - sort it out, mate biggrin.gif

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

Guest Elton

I did in the previous cast, but quickly reeled in and dropped it on the fish when I saw it surface.

I've added a picture of it at:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/gallery.htm

The facial expression is due to is pi...raining very hard!!

If anybody else has got some 'trophy shots', please email or post them to me. I'd love to see the gallery become more active.

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

Guest Jonty

Elton, I have just had a peek in the gallery, and all I can say is take a lot of no notice of them as what sez that's only a small 'un - what an absolutely cracking-looking fish !!! - it puts to shame many a bigger fish you will see in the weeklies, or even the monthlies.

I should think that you are well-pleased with it - but you could grin a bit more, even if it is `simply persisting down` !

Well done !! - I'm sure it will be the first of many

Jonty

Guest Graham E

Great looking fish. Did you jog to the water or are those your new age wellies!

[This message has been edited by Graham E (edited 03 May 2000).]