A good days fishing

Guest rod

Hi,

I normally abide by the old idea of aclose season but I was invited to try a fishery in Esssex by a colleage of mine. The fishery was Rayne Lodge, the complex has 3 lakes all of which hold a mixed selection of fish. Because of the gale force wind we opted for the match lake. This lake holds around 30 pegs and every swim has some sort of feature as an island runs right through the middle.

Well, I started on the pole over chop worm and pellet at about 9 metres and instantly had a pound roach followed by a run of small crucians and tench. Basically the fish fed all day and I ended up with around 70lb of fish including: tench, carp, crucians, roach, skimmers, bream, rudd, goldfish, and gudgeon.

The fishery is in really good order and the fish are in really good nick. Well worth a visit the telephone number is 01376345719 the guy who runs it name is Tony. For those who like the idea of guessing what the fish will be as the float goes under it is pretty dam good.

Cheers

R

Barnet angling club http://www.badac.co.uk