Help on fishing Grand Union, N.London

Guest GlennB

Guest GlennB

I'm going to be living+working near the Paddington Branch of the Grand Union in the West Kilburn / Kensal Town area. I gather it's controlled by London AA. Would appreciate any info, like do I need to join London AA or can I pay for a day ticket on the towpath? Info on any tackle shops round that way would also be good.

Cheers all

Glenn

Hi,

I know the sections you are talking about well. The LAA sections you can get your day ticket on the bank, (a note of caution some of the sections are dodgey to fish on your own). But on the whole it can be good fishing, squatt and long pole in the winter with punch and chopped worm for the skimmers and the odd better perch. Last seaon in the London Winter League the skimmers showed all through the harrow road section. You should try york road and camley street for good roach fishing on the blood worm in the winter and caster and hemp in the summer.

The london canals have really come good over the last 2 seasons, I spend most of the winter fishing team matches on them.

Tackle shops: Acton angling, A1 both are in the book.

Good luck

Richard

Guest GlennB

Magic info Rod, thanks. I'll be up there for 2 months, away from my beloved Somerset, and travelling light so if I get mugged it'll just be the whip and the fold-up stool that goes missing. Seriously, I'll stick to the more public bits. I first met and lived with my wife just down the road on Ladbroke Grove and realise it can be a bit dodgy in some parts round that way.

Thanks for the link Elton, will bookmark it. Forgot Acton was pretty close by.

Tight-thank-heavens-for-canals-open-all-year

Glenn