Happy Birthday To Us!

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Anglers' Net is one year old today!!

I'm sitting here preparing an update for later today, as I'd promised myself that it'd get done and am halfway there. However, it's a glorious day out and I'm gutted that I'm not outside doing something <cue violins>.

Anyway, thanks to all for your support so far and, if you have a tipple tonight, remember to toast this site - you lot made it, not me!

Tight Pass The Parcels,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest waterman1013

Happy Birthday Elton and AnglersNet! biggrin.gif

Elton we couldn't have done anything without you doing all the work, so I reckon all the credit goes to you for the success you have enjoyed with this site so far.

Let's hope it goes from strength to strength and that the next year is as good as the first. I reckon a lot of us have made a few friends via AnglersNet and we all owe you a debt of gratitude.

Bl***y well done!

May your lines always be tight

Mike smile.gif

Guest Graham E

HBD 2 U, HBD 2 U, HBD 2 Anglers net, HBD 2 U

May your motherboard and your terminals grow and grow!!!

Elton, don't forget your starter boys when you get that Lear Jet!

Congrats, Graham

Guest piscary
Originally posted by Elton:

Anglers' Net is one year old today!!

Can't believe it! How time flies when you're having fun:-)

I'm sitting here preparing an update for later today, as I'd promised myself that it'd get done and am halfway there. However, it's a glorious day out and I'm gutted that I'm not outside doing something <cue violins>.

Never mind, Murphling. I went out on your behalf and it seems appropriate that I should report on this 'birthday' thread the capture of my very first 'proper' fish. The two inch crucian and see through perch don't really count, do they? This one I could weigh.

A really beautiful tench - four pounds and a bit- threw itself at my mini-boilie at about 2 p.m. I was so excited that the rest of the lake ground to a halt and wandered round to investigate the source of the disturbance.

Disturbed is not the word for how I was feeling - as all anglers already know, I guess - total exhilaration is more like it. Can't wait to go again.

Anyway, thanks to all for your support so far and, if you have a tipple tonight, remember to toast this site - you lot made it, not me!

Erm.... whose idea was it, then? Who does the lion's share of the work? Who sits up half the bluddy night - updating? Who has overall responsibility for content, advertising, contacting, editing? Oh, not you, then?

Too modest, by half, Elton. (You're not blushing, are you? Or is that a sunset in Suffolk?)

Tight Pass The Parcels,

Elton

Pass the Bottle, dear. Get it right,

Rosie

Guest piscary

Sorry, folks. I don't appear to have sussed out how to reply (inteject) prop'ly. I'll get professional help - or me coat,

Rosie

Guest RobStubbs

Elton,

I can only reiterate Mikes sentiments, all credit goes to you for keeping the show running and keeping the interesting articles flowing.

Long may it continue biggrin.gif !

Rob.

Guest IanG

Excellent place -best interface -best people-best sysop-you should be paid.

Happy Birthday

Well I got pi**ed on the strength of it anyway!!!

We all owe you at least a pint and by my reckoning you should never have to buy another drink!!

IanG