Your Ideas

Guest Martin Salisbury

Guest Martin Salisbury

As you may or may not know I have written a book on Where To Fish in Lancashire.

With christmas on its way I'm thinking of ways to publicise the book so that wives and girlfriends (and anglers) might think its a good idea to buy their other half the book and of course boost my sales.

I've featured on radio lancashire, in carpworld, anglers mail, improve your coarse fishing and local newspapers.

Can any of you creative lot think of any ways to publicise the book further? (And i'm not running around Lancashire naked with only a book to protect my essentials either!)

I was thinking of a book signing session at a couple of the major tackle shops around here and my local waterstones but I'm worried nobody will turn up and it also seems a bit pretentious? Would you lot come to a book signing? However, i could then advertise the book and the signings through all the local media again.

Any other ideas or comments?

Martin

As it's a local guide, have you tried the Tourist Information Offices in all your local towns? They may well be able to help, or even sell it themselves.

Is it actually available to buy online? That's another possible route, as it may be found by travelling anglers.

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Alan Roe

Your book was also reviewed on Radio Lancashire I know I did the review.

I am in the studio on Sunday with Martin do you want me to discuss it again??

Cheers

Alan biggrin.gif

Guest Gordon Scott
Originally posted by Martin Salisbury:

...With Christmas on its way I'm thinking of ways to publicise the book... ...Can any of you creative lot think of any ways to publicise the book further?... ...Any other ideas or comments?

Martin

Haven't you just found one Martin? (nudge, nudge)

Good on yer,

Gordon

Originally posted by Gordon Scott:

Haven't you just found one Martin? (nudge, nudge)

Good on yer,

Gordon

S'already plugged on this site, Gordon of http://www.tryangling.com

Anglers' Net contributors are more than welcome to some free publicity biggrin.gif Martin has articles at: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/intromartin.htm

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Martin Salisbury

Gordon,

I've been cheekliy plugging my book on the forum loads (I'm surprised Elton hasn't given me a yellow card yet!)but not as much recently so I thought I'd just start doing it again!!

Alan, thanks for the review I didn't actually hear it, when was it? and I hope it was favourable!!!!!!!!!! (If it was favourable I'll send you a free copy. If not, a letter bomb!!!!!!!) Any free plugs are welcome at anytime I'm just working on achristmas strategy.

Alan,being local and obviously knowing about angling and radio lancs would a book signing at for example Ted carters be worthwhile and would radio lancs plug it?

Martin

Guest Alan Roe

Martin I am in the studio in the morning 06:00!!!!I will give it another mention on the angling prog this will be going out around 9th November (I think) will confirm tomorrow. If you can arange a book signing between now and then I will give that a plug as well ring me 07931 587210 if you an do it.

Cheers Alan

Guest Martin Salisbury

Alan, thanks for the help.

i've noted your phone number and will probably contact you in due course. I spotted one of your earlier posts re:River Ribble and was going to e-mail you direct and ask where the good spots were! I've not done much river fishing but keep meaning to have a go.

Say Hi to Martin J. He's good at getting you in early isn't he! I normally manage to drag myself there for 7am on a Sunday (I like a lie in!) I keep trying to arrange a days fishing but our schedules never seem to match. I don't know if you do much fishing with him but if so perhaps we'll all hjave to meet up.

Thanks again and I'll e-mail you direct soon

Martin S

Guest Martin Salisbury

Alan I forgot if you do mention the book here's a bit of info:

As I now work full time (I've been a student for the last 6 years, what a joy that was)I got the book done through a publisher so they could distribute it. This has not gone as well as I hoped but it is available through all good bookshops you have to order it though.

The first version I did I sold myself and distributed to local tackle shops. I don't have the time to do that now and so the new version is currently only available at Ted carters, North West Angling Centre and Lostock Tackle Box and Don's Tackle, Coppull (as far as I am aware)

From my point of view sales have gone well and response has been good. I know the book could still have been better (and also a lot worse) but it did take a long time to compile and if I'd spent even more time it just wouldn't be cost effective at all.

Of course, you could mention details about my book can be accessed via my articles page on Anglersnet and then Elton gets a mention too! He might like that!

Regards

Martin S

PS Elton if you're reading this check your e-mail there's a couple of articles in there somewhere just to sweeten you up!

[This message has been edited by Martin Salisbury (edited 14 October 2000).]

Guest Alan Roe

Martin I will print off your bit posted above and take it in with me so I dont forget... old age you know!!

Feel free to give me a ring re the Ribble

Martin and I will be fishing on Wednesday chasing grayling and chub in between copious quantities of fresh brewed tea and biscuits.

I plan to talk about these forums as I have only recently discovered them so Elton might just get a plug..