bream

riverlover

hi,

5 and 6 oz ball leads fixed..platic corn..size 6 esp big t..20 nash braid..13 ft 3 12 tc free spirit xse rods..dynamite baits kio stim groundbait,kio stim pellets.trout pellet power,crushed hemp and whole.hemp oil,sweetcorn and solars growler juice.had bream up to 18.4.

uncle jim

KIR.

riverlover:

hiya again!!! can any1 tell me the best way of going about catching bream an wat groundbaits an bait they wud use 2 target fish from 2lb-5lb an wat line wud be best!!thanks :mad: :mad:

Any of the proprietry groundbaits aimed at bream will do it. Gold-Pro Bream, Superfeed, Superlake, Dynamite Feeder - they're just some of the Van Den Eynde range that will do the job but there's planty more (Sensas Lake & Magic spring to mind). I'd also recommend Brasem as an additive - I've never definitevly proved it catches more but the smell makes me feel better :)

Anyway, bang in a few balls then fish a feeder on top. I always liked to mix in a good portion of squats when aiming for a bag of bream - they don't bury themselves and keep the bream amused for a long time. Bait wise, red maggot as has been suggested, plus sweetcorn, casters, redworm & bread will all work, but coctail baits often seem to score, particularly if it includes a redworm (sweetcorn & worm is a personal favourite).

For line I'd use a 4lb main line and a 2.5 or 3lb hooklength and a hook size, depending on bait, between 16 & 10.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.