rivergoyt

riverlover

I'm not familiar with that exact stretch but it's only just upstream of Pear Mill so it will certainly hold a few fish. I've fished a couple of stretches in out of the way places that very few people fish, my results from these have been excellent. I guess your main problem will be getting to the river as many stretches are burdened by steep banks etc. It might need a bit of swim building and a head for heights. There are one or two places in Stockport where enterprising individuals have placed ropes to get in and out of the swims, not for the faint hearted!

cheers m8...ive seen a few little pegs that cud be used...the problem is that its very shallow theres a deep swim then it goes rocky an shallows wud that be a problem wud fish stay away fromt hat area??i can c the mill from woodbank so i might give it a shot..any tips on baits??an if stickfloat preferd 2 feeder?

You don't need deep water to catch. The best fish I've had have been from 2.5/3 foot of water. I use breadflake on big hooks with mashed bread feed. Maggot feeder works as well but I save this for the winter when the fish are more lethargic. Oh by the way don't be suprised if you have some very gentle pulls and reel in a Crayfish, some stretches are stuffed with them!

At Pear Mill your best bet is to drive onto the industrial estate where there is lots of parking right by the mill. There is security on the gate but if you're fishing they let you through ok, and it's some security in an area of high car crime! If you park by the mill it's just a few minutes walk to the river. If you get an A-Z of Manchester you will see a weir marked. This is a good place to start if you like fishing these, but don't be suprised if it's busy. As for permits like I said in a previous post this might be Stockport Fed water, members only but i'm not sure and I've never seen any signs. I fish it on the basis that I don't know who owns it....