Feeder choice

Guest Cyril

Guest Cyril

Hello,

I ask me any questions about feeder choice. By example when I must used a cage feeder ? Is it appropriate for river or only for stillwater ?

Other situation, what is the best choice for seeds ? cage feeder, open-end feeder, groundbait feeder with mix, other choice ?

Thank you to give me your opinion for different kind of condition.

Cyril, french guy smile.gif

Guest IanG

Cyril

Feeders can be used in almost any situation. It just depends on how you use them and what you are trying to acheive.

Maggots:use a blockend, closed feeder and in running water the standard hole size will usually do, but in still water you may need to make the holes bigger to let the maggots out faster.

Seed: in still water use an open end feader and sandwich the seed top and bottom with a suitable groudbait mix to hold it in on the cast and when this breaks down it will leave the seed (any size) in the swim. In running water use a block end and open holes to get the correct evacuation of bait from the feeder.

Method: Still water: any method cage will do the job but you need to pay attention to the consistancy of the groundbait mix so that it does not break down too fast in the water.

Method cages can be as good as open ended feeders in Running water but again the mix needs to be correct for the conditions.

Hope this helps

IanG

Welcome to the site!! biggrin.gif