Tench Waters Around Bristol

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

You people have done me proud with the other questions about venues posted here, but I reckon you'll struggle with this one that I recieved today:

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP, I AM LOOKING FOR SOME TENCH WATERS IN AND AROUND THE BRISTOL AREA, BUT SEEM TO BE FINDING CARP ONLY WHICH IS GETTING ON MY NERVES AS THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER THE COUNTRY.

THERE MUST STILL BE TENCH WATERS OUT THERE.

THANKS,

ANDY.

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest GlennB

There's a small day-ticket lake called "Mells Pit" near Mells/Kilmersdon (about 20 miles S of Bristol) where tench certainly seem to out-number the carp. The tench I've caught there run to about 4lbs, though no doubt there are bigger ones. Also perch to 3lbs and *millions* of small rudd,roach and perch.

Dunno if this is too far your mate. If not, drop me a mail on gbaron@dial.pipex.com and I'll send directions.

Cheers

Glenn

p.s. I agree with his sentiments. Much as I love catching carp, it would be nice to be sure you could get away from them sometimes. I think a 'no carp' lake or two would be a great idea.

Guest oliver g

ive heard cheddar resviour (doddgy spelling)is worth a look , dont know how or where to get tickets from though!!!

------------------

oli