Method Mix For Carp

Elton

hi tony

by saying pellets is that trout pellet or some other type of pellet

the white boilies sound good any particula flavor or are they plain

Trout pellets are too high in oil for winter so the best to use are light carp pellets .

There are many different brands with little difference in them but i tend to buy dynamite baits swim stim 3mm pellets either in green or natural colour.

The white boilies i use are ringers shellfish 8 or 10mm , I think they work well more for the stand out colour rather than the flavour so you could buy any white boilie

Trout pellets are too high in oil for winter so the best to use are light carp pellets .

There are many different brands with little difference in them but i tend to buy dynamite baits swim stim 3mm pellets either in green or natural colour.

The white boilies i use are ringers shellfish 8 or 10mm , I think they work well more for the stand out colour rather than the flavour so you could buy any white boilie

thanks 4 all the info will get some white boilies.i hope to do a 24hour session over the next few

days as long as the ice melts.all our local waters are frozen but i have been told that as the ice melts

the water temp drops. how long would you wait after the ice melts befor you go fishing nigel

thanks 4 all the info will get some white boilies.i hope to do a 24hour session over the next few

days as long as the ice melts.all our local waters are frozen but i have been told that as the ice melts

the water temp drops. how long would you wait after the ice melts befor you go fishing nigel

Its a tricky one to understand why the water temperature drops when the ice melts because my thinking used to be that the water under the ice had to be very close to zero and when the ice melts it is very close to zero too so there would be no difference.

But i now know that the ice acts as a insulator stopping the air temp getting to it ,and the deeper water can be significantly warmer meaning that as the ice melts it releases near freezing temperature into the water which can put the fish off feeding until the water temperature stables which can take few days.

Thats not to say you wont catch just after the melt but your chances will improve by leaving it a few days.

Its a tricky one to understand why the water temperature drops when the ice melts because my thinking used to be that the water under the ice had to be very close to zero and when the ice melts it is very close to zero too so there would be no difference.

But i now know that the ice acts as a insulator stopping the air temp getting to it ,and the deeper water can be significantly warmer meaning that as the ice melts it releases near freezing temperature into the water which can put the fish off feeding until the water temperature stables which can take few days.

Thats not to say you wont catch just after the melt but your chances will improve by leaving it a few days.

thanks tony tinca

well it looks like we have got 30 mph sw wind for the next few days that should warm

the water up a bit.so i hope to get a sesion in over the weekend with a bit of luck

the sw wind blows straight up to the shallows where a stream feeds the lake

do you think that would be a good place to start i thought i would start there

if no joy after a few hours i would move to the other end of the lake to the deep end for the night

nigel

Also bearing in mind, there is due to be a low pressure over the weekend it could be a good weekend for fishing one down side could be a bit wet. Or that is what i am planning on, going for the weekend myself with a couple of mates.

Have just finished tieing rigs and getting my rods and bite alarms ready. Looking forward to what could be a great weekend.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Also bearing in mind, there is due to be a low pressure over the weekend it could be a good weekend for fishing one down side could be a bit wet. Or that is what i am planning on, going for the weekend myself with a couple of mates.

Have just finished tieing rigs and getting my rods and bite alarms ready. Looking forward to what could be a great weekend.

STC

hi stc

i hope your fishing trip goes well .yep my gear is allready packed just waiting to go now it would to

catch a fish in feb i think to set a target of at least one carp for every month . we can all live in

hope

nigel

thanks tony tinca

well it looks like we have got 30 mph sw wind for the next few days that should warm

the water up a bit.so i hope to get a sesion in over the weekend with a bit of luck

the sw wind blows straight up to the shallows where a stream feeds the lake

do you think that would be a good place to start i thought i would start there

if no joy after a few hours i would move to the other end of the lake to the deep end for the night

nigel

The sw wind blowing into shallower water should be a good place to start , the only concern is that the feeder stream might be supplying cooler water into that end , but id still give it a few hours there like you say as it could still be the place they are gonna be.

It should fish well everywhere this weekend because its gonna be warmer and like smalltincup says thers a low pressure and the only problems gonna be the wind but i shouldnt complain about that to much as everything else points to good fishing :)

Edited by tony tinca

Thats the plan, caught my current Pb in febuary when it was bloody cold and wet. Good luck to you to sir.

STC

hi stc

i did a 20 hour session last night, out of seven people fishing only one small carp was caught

but not by me , i will have to try again on monday.the water was 10 degrees ithought that

would be enough to bring them on the feed ,may be next time good luck

nigel