Spodding?

Guest Badger

Guest Badger

Whats the best spod for getting small particles out at range? All "particle" spods I've seen have gaping holes all over them. Surely a fair proportion of the particles will fall out?

Cheers

Dave.

Guest Simon Newbould

Hi Badger,

Gardner Tackle make a pretty decent particle spod called the "Pocket Rocket", pack it with hemp and a little water an you should be able to achieve around 80yds without too many problems. The Pocket Rocket is, as it's name suggests fairly small but I think they also make a larger version... Hope that helps

Simon

Guest Simon Newbould

Badger,

Sorry, I've just read your question in full :-) I wouldn't worry too much about the holes in the spods you're looking at. In practice particles as small as hemp tend not to fall out through them, I guess it's because they're tightly packed... The holes are there I believe to make retrieving the spod easier..

Simon

Guest **sam**

wedge some of those dissolving pellets in the top, like the ones solar sells. alternatively, lightly wedge some boilies in the top. this prevents the hemp or whatever falling out.

have fun!

**sam**

Guest Gaffer

Hi Badger, I think I've got 6 or 7 different spods and by far the best for particles is the Gardner particle rocket.

On casting the particles compact,as Simon said.

It does have a lot of holes in it and you do get bits in your hair,but thats it.

The holes are there so that as the spod tips up the water can penetrate the particles quickly, thus depositing all of your particles where you want them.Without the holes particles get stuck in the spod and come out on the retreive.

Also the spod is quite rounded on the end. Pointed spods tend to go down deeper and can get stuck in the lake bed on shallow waters.

Gaffer.

Guest Wordbender
Originally posted by Badger:

Whats the best spod for getting small particles out at range? All "particle" spods I've seen have gaping holes all over them. Surely a fair proportion of the particles will fall out?

Cheers

Dave.

Dave - Why are YOU worrying about spodding? I know you're talking about baiting-up the Millpond and we BOTH know who'll be launching the spod - don't we, Son? :-)

BTW - My Gardiner Particle jobby will get the bait out there, all the way from the Mangrove, past the Squid, and well into the Witch - no sweat.

Roll on the 16th.!!!! Oh yes.

Terry.

Guest Badger

Tel,

Yeah I know you'll be the one who spods at the Mill (if I had a spod rod I would though) but the post may have been helpful to others which is surely one of the forums main aims. I just thought that something may come up that was new, or maybe you or I did'nt already know. Anyway, I'm trying to get rid of my "new poster" status, Can't I be in the "regular forum user's" gang Elton? Pleeease.

cheers.

Dave.

Guest Wordbender
Originally posted by Badger:

Can't I be in the "regular forum user's" gang Elton? Pleeease.

cheers.

Dave.

Don't let 'im in, Murph. He 'sees' things when we're fishing - like muntjacs and stuff. Plus, he always takes issue with everyone - mainly when he's wrong. And he does horrible things to fluffy toys and newts and that.

Mind you, he does clear the odd swim and plant an occasional baby tree. Oh sod it, let him in, I can't stand the crying. :-)

Tel.

Guest Wordbender
Originally posted by waterman1013:

Tel

If you've got a tame muntjac spotter, can we expect some M pie soon? biggrin.gif

Mike

Aaaaah, bless. Muntjacs are soooo cute and fluffy and all that. Besides, they taste a bit strong...er...'allegedly'.

Tel.