Modern Times.

Guest Chris S

Guest Jonty

Isn't there a certain, very well-known angler by the name of Gibbinson who fishes multiple set-ups, etc..?? - I wonder what HE would have to say about all this !!

And before anybody says anything - I know full well that Jimbo does NOT fish like the guys Chris is on about.

And your tirade certainly does not come across as being `tongue in cheek`, Chris !!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chris S
Originally posted by RobStubbs:

Chris,

I'm not sure where your trying to go with this thread apart from inviting some heated (or at least warm) comments. I don't know you but it reads as though you're an 'old timer' wishing for days of old, cane rods and centrepins.

Now I don't doubt your comments and you may have experienced said events. But if someone set up and decided to fish the same spot as me I'd have a few choice words to say to them. You seem to suffer with bad anglers but there's no need to tar us all with the same brush. You may be meaning to write this tongue in cheek but it reads as anything but.

Rob.

Err not quite that old I am afraid, as for the two people who fished across me, you say give them some choice words, er well now I am six feet odd tall but the two guys that done

it, well, err they defy descripion, built like brick you know what's comes to mind. Also why do you all think I am having ago at all carp anglers with three of everything when I am not. How many of you have experienced what we call the instant carp angler as Mr Newbould refers to in his post.

Chris S biggrin.gif

Guest Gaffer

Hi,me again,

In reading your comments again I think that you have made a generalisation which has included anglers like myself,with or without intent.

You have to take the rough with the smooth with all aspects of fishing including bad behaviour.

You can choose to deal with it or ignore it.

Your generalistic comments weren't constructive in the way they were written.

One thing I'm not sure of,are your gripes actually with mindless individuals or that particular style of carp fishing?

Gaffer.

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Chris S:

Elton

Cannot agree with those sentiments, if the fishing is incidental why dont you just go and camp by a remote lake somewhere and leave your rods at home

Okay, let me put it like this...

When I was single, I used to like to go night-clubbing. If I managed to hit it off with a woman, it just added to the pleasure.

I rest my case biggrin.gif

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Chris S
Originally posted by Jonty:

Isn't there a certain, very well-known angler by the name of Gibbinson who fishes multiple set-ups, etc..?? - I wonder what HE would have to say about all this !!

And before anybody says anything - I know full well that Jimbo does NOT fish like the guys Chris is on about.

And your tirade certainly does not come across as being `tongue in cheek`, Chris !!

Come on guys I am not having a a dig at all carp anglers who use multiple setups, you all must have seen the ones I refer too, I use a two rod setup so have I offended myself I wonder, oh and I use boilies and stainless steel and buzzers.

Chris S

Guest Chris S
Originally posted by Elton:

Okay, let me put it like this...

When I was single, I used to like to go night-clubbing. If I managed to hit it off with a woman, it just added to the pleasure.

I rest my case biggrin.gif

Tight Lines,

Elton

Oh I see what you meant to say now that catching a fish was incidental, Sorry Elton.

Chris S

Guest Chris S
Originally posted by Gaffer:

Hi,me again,

In reading your comments again I think that you have made a generalisation which has included anglers like myself,with or without intent.

You have to take the rough with the smooth with all aspects of fishing including bad behaviour.

You can choose to deal with it or ignore it.

Your generalistic comments weren't constructive in the way they were written.

One thing I'm not sure of,are your gripes actually with mindless individuals or that particular style of carp fishing?

Gaffer.

Hi Gaffer

The mindless individuals who give carp fishing a bad name.

It did to some extent sound like I meant all multi setup users though.

SO TO ALL YOU MULTI SETUP USERS OUT THERE WHO BEHAVE WHILST FISHING :

SORRY GUYS.

It was only meant to be a bit of a fun dig at the mindless individuals.

All makes for good discussion though.

I did put at the end of it Devils advocate.

Chris S biggrin.gif

Guest Elton

And speaking as somebody a little concerned that his little forum was going to have its first real flame war, I find it quite a breath of fresh air to see people disagreeing in an adult way, instead of resorting to mud slinging.

My stance is very much a live and let live one. If people are happy and not interfering with me, my friends, my family, or any innocent party, then I'm happy for them.

An interesting observation from my point of view is that, in almost any forum, it's always the Devil's Advocate posts that get the most responses...human nature, I suppose.

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Gaffer

What's the reocord for a 'flaming' topic?

I was told by Joe Taylor (J&K tackle) that the real money in the angling trade will come from carp and pole fishing.

These types of fishing can be conceived by some to be fashionable,the 'in' thing.

This can lead to mindless individuals with money to then buy the 'in' things.

These people have no concept of etiqutte and their behaviour can be deplorable.

But as I've said,they are individuals first,so called carp anglers second.

Chris,you certainly know how to stir people.

All the best,Gaffer.

Guest Graham E

I have to agree with a fair bit of what Chris has said, it's just that the mindless few are the ones you remember!

I simply tell myself that these "anglers" won't be around the places I fish because I don't go to places that are with mainly stocked with imported big goldfish with names.

Also once they tire of the chuck a long way, attach alarm,let the fish hook themselves bit, and come to other more challenging and skilful aspects, only those with a desire to learn the ART of fishing will continue. To stalk carp is a skill that calls for watercraft and knowledge of the quary. To beachcast longlines and setup home for a week isn't my idea of fishing.

As has been said many times...each to their own, and long may it remain at a good distance.