'Quality' mail order service

Guest GlennB

Guest GlennB

I bought a cheap (£150) 11-metre Abu pole for carping the little carp at a couple of local ponds. It came with 2 spare top 3's, so I settled down for a quiet evening's elastication (ahem, no rude comments now!).

I moved on to the second kit, trimmed the top and then noticed a split in the tip of the no.2, about 1/2" long. Packed up the dodgy top 3 in a bit of old plastic pipe and sent it back with an explanatory note.

Some days later the dealers phoned me to say they'd sent it back to Abu, who'd confirmed it was a 'manufacturing fault' and that my replacement would be sent in due course.

This eventually arrived and I set about elasticating it. Funny... the top of the no.1 section had already been trimmed, and the top of the no.2 as well!

Compared the lengths of all the good/bad sections and it turns out all the bu###rs had done was trim an inch off the dodgy section!

Dunno if I should name and shame 'em?

Just another case of 'Buy cheap, buy twice' ?

Cheers

Glenn

Guest RobStubbs

Glenn,

Just because a product isn't a thousand pounds doesn't mean it should be faulty. Anything you pay for should work and be satisfactory no matter what the price.

Bear in mid if you paid that amount of money for a new video, say, you wouldn't accept having to cut the slot so your videos fitted. Perhaps not a great analogy but you get the idea.

I say tell us the full details and shame them.

Rob.