YORKSHIRE RECORD CARP

Guest CHUBBY

Guest Jonty

Chubby - I seem to remember this being a 40+ which was netted from Brandesburton Ponds a good number of years ago. It was then stocked into Kevin Clifford's `garden pond`, from where it has been caught several times on rod and line.

Things may well have changed considerably since I moved away from Thirsk 13 years ago, and I don't really follow the carp scene all that closely any more.

One way to find out for sure may be to contact the CarpWorld/CarpTalk team, you will find the address/'phone number actually in the magazine.

Guest Jonty
Originally posted by CHUBBY:

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE RECORD FOR THE BIGGEST YORKSHIR CARP IS.

CHEERS

Chubby, I forgot to mention this before, but could you please not shout ?? - take off the <CapsLock>, please !!

Guest Jonty

Me again !!

Chubby, I have just been onto the Fishing Magic site (at www.fishingmagic.com) and there is a news report dated 11th. May about the Yorkshire record carp having been equalled by a fish of 42-12, to a guy named Kevin Richardson. The fish was caught from Sally Walsh's Dam in West Yorks.

So, the Yorks. record carp is 42-12.

Guest RobStubbs

Jonty,

But are we talking real english fish here or recent introductions ?

Wasn't that fish in Mr Cliffords pond called Jumbo ? And I also think it died a few ago.

Rob.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Butt Banger

CHUBBY

"Jumbo" is still the Yorkshire record - I think it was caught at 43lbs 3oz by Clive Gibbins.However, nobody in Yorkshire regards it as being the record due to the fact it was caught from a 1/4 acre back garden pond.

The fact that it ended up there is/was an absolute disgrace and Kevin Clifford should be ashamed of himself for putting that fish in his pond after it had spent it's full life as the only carp in one of the Brandesburton pits.

Kev Richardson's fish from Sally Walsh's is indeed a foreign import although it went in at 28lbs a few years ago.I understand that it is now down in weight after being caught twice in a day at 37.14 and 38.7 (although the first captor lied about it's weight and said that it was 40.6 - how sad).

There was also a 43lb common caught from a very private lake near York and this may go on to break the record although the venue is top secret.

Butt Banger