attracting

Guest fishing bob

Guest fishing bob

Hello, can anyone tell me what the best way to attract fish to your swim is.And what bait to use with it.

The fish are roach, tench, bream and chub.

Thanks

Bob!

Guest RobStubbs

Bob,

It depends so much on the water that you will need to be more specific - are you even talking lakes or rivers ?

In general though it's best to fish a swim with fish in than try to draw them in. Obviously in a match type scenario this isn't possible.

In general I would suggest groundbait and some form of hookbait. Others can probably give you some better specific examples.

Rob.

Hi Bob.......As purely a pleasure angler I fish pretty basic.Over the years I have tried lots of different mixes and finally came up with one I use most times I go out.I use 4pt brown breadcrumb 1part sensas red devil 1tin of sweetcorn 1tin boiled hemp.I mix in red maggot as I go along.As I said I am no expert but this mix rarely fails me wherever I fish.The species you mentioned would be my target species also. Hope I have been of help

Gary

Guest matchman

Try bread after it has been put through the blender. when the bread is blended add 1 tin of sweetcorn and blend together. this is a brilliant mix for the species mentioned. when fishing feed maggot and caster little and often to attract fish into the swim. use maggot, caster, corn, bread on the hook.

matchman

P.S. check out the thread about ponds, lakes, resevoirs

Guest duttyo

I fish lots of small stillwaters and find that hemp seed is one of the best baits to use as an attractor. I usually put in 5 or 6 hand fulls at the start of a session and 20 or so grains every cast.