Dick Walker

John Ellison

spindle:

Biggleswade perhaps?

By the way Chevin, how is Fred J now?

Hi, I think that Dick might have moved after I left the UK and if he did it may well have been to Biggleswade, but when I visited him it was certainly not that far out from me.

I think that most people who spent as much time out at night as we did in those days, (we stayed awake all night) saw some pretty odd things in the sky. Dave Marlborough and I saw something very strange when fishing at Loch Maben one night. We contacted the authorities but we were told that we had seen an artificial satellite! We had seen a few of those, but they move in one direction, what we saw that night didn't.

Fred is staying fairly stable, not as mobile as he used to be, but at least he is progressing slowly. He is getting out fishing from time to time, but he is now reliant on people taking him out. Thanks for asking.

[ 20. December 2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: chevin ]

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good to hear Chevin.

I thought about writing Fred a letter. He doesn't know me, and I've never met him, but seeing as I fish the same water he used to, I thought he might be interested to hear how it's fishing these days, and perhaps a letter and a few pics would cheer him up! I was particularly keen to find out more about that "ufo"!!

What do you think?

spindle:

That's good to hear Chevin.

I thought about writing Fred a letter. He doesn't know me, and I've never met him, but seeing as I fish the same water he used to, I thought he might be interested to hear how it's fishing these days, and perhaps a letter and a few pics would cheer him up! I was particularly keen to find out more about that "ufo"!!

What do you think?

I am sure that he would be pleased to hear from you and to hear about how the water is fishing these days. However, the mobility of his right hand has been affected enough for writing to be a bit of a problem for him now, so I cannot guarantee that you would get a reply no matter how much he might want to send you one. Sadly I can't tell you anything about the UFO right now, but I will try to remember to ask him when we next talk on the 'phone which is sure to be some time over Christmas.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

The Diamond Geezer:

The Diamond Geezer:

Biggleswade perhaps?

Yup, to the best of my knowledge the photo was indeed taken at Dick's house in Biggleswade .. though I didn't take the photo and so I can't be 100% sure
I am sure that you can feel safe in believing that it was. The photo's you can see in the background are on a different wall to the one they were on in his Flitwick home. In fact the room was the other way round. I had forgotten that he had moved after I left the UK.

The Diamond Geezer:

Happy Days!

Merry Christmas, Chevin, Spindle & All

They were happy days mate. I can honestly say that Dick had such an influence on my life I am still enjoying it today. It was through him that I met my wife of 37 years!(not age, duration :) )

Thanks for your good wishes and I hope that you and all here have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and successful New Year.

spindle:

Seconded. Merry Christmas, and a fish-ful new year to everybody. Even Chevin, who is no doubt in the middle of a nice Oz summer, sunning himself, wondering whether to go spinning for GT's or shark fishing. Jealous? Me???

:D

Fishing for jewies tomorrow and diving for cray fish on Christmas Morning. Sounds like it might be a cool Christmas Day though, only 35C predicted! :) GT fishing and shark fishing at Exmouth in April, hopefully Spanish mackerel too! :D