Welney River Delph

Badger100

I returned to Weley Norfolk last week for a spot of piking, after a gap of twenty years or more. I'm afraid it was a blank day, and on talking to a couple of locals, they tell me that the Delph is not producing and has not done so for a long while. Also zander have not been seen there for many years. Does anybody know more about this. I would love to bag a zander before the end of the season, where else might I try ?.

Badger100

I returned to Weley Norfolk last week for a spot of piking, after a gap of twenty years or more. I'm afraid it was a blank day, and on talking to a couple of locals, they tell me that the Delph is not producing and has not done so for a long while. Also zander have not been seen there for many years. Does anybody know more about this. I would love to bag a zander before the end of the season, where else might I try ?.

Badger100

Have you tried phoning local tackle shops? You're very unlikely to get any detailed location advice on a public forum, and even if you do you might well get there to find someone else already in the swim...

All the fen drains and several of the rivers hold zander, but they're not the pushover they once were. The Cut Off, the Relief Channel, the Middle Level, the Ouse are all worth fishing, but it is rarely easy - but they are there and they are catchable.

When you fish is as important as where you fish. If you're not fishing all night, you're really up against it.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music