Marine Protected Areas in Scotland

I've been asked to pass this on:

Marine Protected Areas Event

7.30pm, Thursday 17 March

The Catstrand, New Galloway, DG7 3RN

The Marine Acts contain new powers to designate Marine Protected Areas.

What are Marine Protected Areas?

Why do we need them?

How will they be chosen?

Will they increase fish populations?

Will they protect biodiversity?

How will they affect anglers and commercial fishermen?

What will they mean to local communities?

What stage is the designation process at?

How can you get involved?

You are invited to find out more from David Mallon of the Marine Environment Branch, Marine Scotland at 7.30pm on Thursday 17 March at The Catstrand, New Galloway, DG7 3RN.

A presentation will be followed by an open forum and everyone with an interest in the sea is welcome to attend.

The event is being hosted by South West Association of Nature Conservationists in association with Solway Firth Partnership and Marine Scotland.

The Catstrand bar will be open from 7pm and the event will start at 7.30pm.

For more information or to register please email Solway Firth Partnership info@solwayfirthpartnership.co.uk or phone 01387 702161.

Please pass this open invitation on to others who may have an interest in coming along.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

by whom may i ask leon ? it should be a good event,unfortunately i may be abroad on business at the time,but will be kept up to speed on how it goes.will be interesting to see the responses to the questions from the marine scotland team.

cheers rab