Your favourite lures

Guest davidP

Guest davidP

Seeing as how we're doing "what's your favourite" type questions I thought I'd ask about favourite lures.

The two I absolutely wouldn't be without would be a Rapala Super Shad Rap in shad colour and a Big S in redhead.

What lure wouldn't you go fishing without?

Guest BUDGIE

A great subject.Peoples fvourites always vary enormously! This is no doubt due to the variation in species and waters fished.

Pike- Suick Thriller,Depth Raider,Rapala Super Shad,Bagleys Bang-O,Arboghast Doctor/Kussumo Proffesor,ABU Toby,Creek Chub Pikie(un-jointed)Feudally Reef Hawg,Stidham Probe,Poes Jackpot,Musky Jitterbug.

Perch-ABU Atom,Ondex and Mr Twister worms.

Euro Cats-Musky Jitterbug(hooks joined with wire)

Mullet - Silver/Gold fly spoons

Guest Danny H

For fun would be giant jackpot in summer, squirrley Burt sus' in winter

For just catching regardless would be half ounce spinnerbait in chart'

and mepps aglia (firetiger size 5) with added grub in orange or white

Guest G. Reaper

If I could only use 1 lure it would be the Kuusamo? Professor - Ok - it's a spoon but it's a work of piscatorial, fish catching art. The whole range.

If I could use 2 lures then I'd add a single colorado blade spinner bait - I'm not fussed about the colour.

On crank baits etc. - Yeah, Creek Chub Pikie but there are so many - favourites change by the minute.

Soft rubber lures - kinky and are more effective the more you use and get to know 'em.

But the Prof is the doggie's doo-dahs.

biggrin.gif

Guest Dave. L

For me it's definately spinnerbaits and neutrally weighted gliders in the 6-8" range.

Colours, anything with plenty of flourescent orange and yellow.

cheers.

Well as Dave first got me interested (through his website-great site!)in the Super Shad I can only say thanks, there are some sessions when i needn't bother taking anything else. It depends on when and where you fish. I reckon for small/medium rivers the Shad is king. I love the silver roach and firetiger colours

Fave Topwater - Jointed Jitterbug (Arbogast)

Fave Spinner - Mepps Lusox

Fave Spoon - Abu Atom

Fave Sinker - Large Creek Chub Jointed

Guest Leon Roskilly

For freshwater, it's definitely an ABU Atom. Both Pike and Perch take them readily, and I've had a few chub on them too - shame that ABU have dropped them, if you see any for sale, buy them quick.

I hit upon a simple pattern for a DIY lure, (see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/leon12.htm )

Again, this works really well for pike, and I love working the things, even when the fish aren't feeding.

For saltwater work, then it's the Rapala original J13, or in windor or weedy conditions, a Dexter Wedge - both are great bass takers.

Tight Lines - leon