i did it !!!!!!!

superwoman

I can see where FishinMad2001 is coming from. As a kid living in Germany twenty odd years ago catching 2lb plus Roach was not unusual and in my innocence not really appreciated.

I recall reading the AT and AM where idolised fisherman from England described the Roach as their favourite fish and wondering 'why?'.

Nowadays I can't catch a Roach of any size for love nor money in my local W.Yorks rivers so when I did go out of my way to catch one on a Lake this year (Knotford Lagoon near Otley) and caught a fin perfect near half pounder it gave me enormous satisfaction.....A very special species...I can appreciate that now.

Paul

Andy Macfarlane:

Do any of the other male anglers here see a woman who angles for any reason as..."The Holy Grail" of fishing.

Now many of us have Girlfriends and Wives (groan),but how many of them say "Going fishing are you...can I come?"

When I meet one I shall ask her to marry me.Tell you one thing though...a 2 Lb Roach is more common than a lady angler. :P

Andy, sad but true although I am working on it! Women will rule the banks one day!!

Oh, & when I find a man that wants to stay at home, baby sit & do the domestic chores while I go fsihing. I will ask him to marry me!! :P

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

lyn:

lyn:

Do any of the other male anglers here see a woman who angles for any reason as..."The Holy Grail" of fishing.

Now many of us have Girlfriends and Wives (groan),but how many of them say "Going fishing are you...can I come?"

When I meet one I shall ask her to marry me.Tell you one thing though...a 2 Lb Roach is more common than a lady angler. :P

Andy, sad but true although I am working on it! Women will rule the banks one day!!

Oh, & when I find a man that wants to stay at home, baby sit & do the domestic chores while I go fsihing. I will ask him to marry me!! :P

lyn

lyn:

lyn:

lyn

thank you lynn, couldnt agree more!!!! our day will come! hoping to go night fishing at weekend, is it cold enough or what!